Thunderhead Keep Tuesday 9 EsT

one2dredd

Tribe of Judah Aion Chapter Leader
I know a few people need this mission. So if we can help them out that would be great!! If you need this mission and that time will not work let me know!!

I need that mission for Elisha, unfortunately I still don't have the hour or so to dedicate to it...

Here is a strategy that has been very effective for me and has worked 99% of the time I have used it, I have used it a lot. It is basically a variation of camping the king.

Camping the king involves staying up with the king in the keep after the cut scene and taking out mobs that come his way, it helps keep the king from running off as well as concentrating your fire power. So here goes a lot of typing.

There are three essential people you need for this to work well
1. A stance tank
2. Healing monk
3. Another healing monk

Two monks are key, one to heal the tank and one to heal the rest of the part (which probably wont need it) and provide some relief for the one healing the tank.

Here is your basic uber stance tank build. You need to have high tactics, preferably max.

1. Axe/sword attack
2. Axe/sword attack
3. Bonetti’s Defense
4. Defensive Stance
5. Disciplined Stance
6. Gladiators Defense
7. Healing sig
8. Rez sig or other rez

There are two variations to this strategy and I will cover first the one that does not involve the mission bonus.

-- Primary Variation --
Well first you need to make it to the keep; this is relatively easy since it only involves mindless mob splatting. But once you get to the keep you need to stop and do a little planning and make sure everyone remembers what’s happening. First off once you clear the keep and watch the cut scene you need to stay by the king, no one run off. After the cut scene the only one who should leave is the stance tank who is going to go get one of the torches by the bonus beacons and bring it back to the group. He then just stands there and waits for mobs to come and hit him in the face, personally I like to start dancing here with the torch. When the waves of mobs come one monk keeps the tank alive while the rest of the party squashes the mobs the other monk is there to heal the party when they need it and provide some relief for the other monk when he/she needs it. Basically the rest of the party just wipes out each wave as it comes while the tank soaks up the damage. Once you see Confessor what’s his name coming, this is the last wave, he always looks like he is going to the east side but jukes back to the west, you can go down to the middle and kill him and his party and your done.

-- The super 1337 I beat the bonus, WOOT Variation --
This variation is actually much easier than the first. When you stop to plan before you clear the keep, you need to decide who is going to get the other torch and light the beacons. The beacons are on the west and east sides of the keep, the stance tank goes for one, lights his beacon and comes back to the king, the other person lights their beacon and leaves the torch there. Once everyone is back to the king the strategy is basically the same except for one thing, there will be six or so Jade that come into the keep at the beginning, these are the Jade that are spawned by the bonus, they will stay down in the courtyard. DO NOT AGRO THESE. They are your friends; they will take out the first two or three waves for you. Once they are dead everything proceeds as normal and next thing you know woot, you beat the mission and bonus.

All in all this mission and its bonus are pretty easy to beat with a good team using this strategy.

Last edited:
I can help with this too, forgot to put that in the previous post and im to lazy to edit it so i will do more work and make a new one. lol

I don't know if I'll be on before 9:30 or 10:00 EST. It's Paul's mom's bday, and we're all going out to dinner. But I need the mission!

I wholeheartedly agree with the camping the king strategy. I think I have failed that mission with PuG's all but one time (with Owen). We camped the king that time and with my other two characters I beat it with just henchies by camping the king. I would like to point out too that DarphBobo's strategy also doesn't call for using the catapults. This just allows the group to get split up and possibly aggro on the person manning the lever.

I'm not sure if I'm gonna be on tonight, but if I am I'll help. I wouldn't mind giving the bonus a try with a guild group that has an agreed strategy going in.

Done this mission mostly with PUG's on all my chars.
I have done both ways where you split and go to the two doors and the way where you camp by king. I definatly think camping by the king is much better strategy.
If im on tonight ill help, thats only if I get this 4 page paper done. :(

Its due tomorrow, im such a procrastinator. :D

Splitting up on this mission is usually where every group falls apart, it turns to confusion and caos and people loose track of what they are supposed to be doing.

I hate to Monk the mission when the group splits. I always run to one door to try to heal and then run to the other. You always wonder if you will get there in time before someone dies. I literally hate it whenever I have to run to heal.

What a success........mission and bonus. Thanks to Bob McKenzie for the "how to" on holding the torch and taking the aggro. It certainly made the mission/bonus much easier. As always, groups where we have nothing but SoE folks are hands down the most fun stuff in-game.

DarphBobo said:
It was fun I'm looking forward to doing it again for the rest who need this mission.

Mirawyn missed the boat and she'd really appreciate your company whenever its convenient for you to do the mission again. There might even be cookies involved...:cool:

Paul

Did you say cookies? I dunno that is a hard mission tell you what throw in a Shrubbery too and I am in!!

Halonic said:
What a success........mission and bonus. Thanks to Bob McKenzie for the "how to" on holding the torch and taking the aggro. It certainly made the mission/bonus much easier. As always, groups where we have nothing but SoE folks are hands down the most fun stuff in-game.

Amen to that - we did a SF fighting-farm run last night headed up by Scillion who is an EXCELLENT MONK. Arks Lina and Sleeping Princess and some very excellent ranger who I forget were in the party too, and what a great group! We were drawing monsters carefully and almost never over-aggroed - we were all on TS and we accomplished some of the best strategic fighting I have EVER seen in the game. Few of us died more than once all the way through the place. Killed like 5-6 bosses by the end, a little slow going and few good drops but it was so much fun! I just love doing stuff with my fellow guildies, makes me never want to do a PUG again.

Paul

one2dredd said:
Did you say cookies? I dunno that is a hard mission tell you what throw in a Shrubbery too and I am in!!

The problem is, Georgia shrubberies won't grow out there on the left coast. Plus, we still need more shrubberies ourselves to create a two-level effect with a path going down the middle....

Paul

Back