Thoughts on our 1337ness-- sign up for PvE tonight

Folks, I think our quest for 1337ness could be more easily attained in a different direction. We have had some success with PvP, having very nearly taken HoH on a few occasions, and I'm not saying we should stop doing that. What i am saying is that we have always been stronger in PvE than PvP, and I believe that we are one of the most elite PvE guilds out there. However, there's never been a PvE ranking system.

Except this one. All we have to do to get our names on the ladder is get one of the top 3-4 slots on the daily top 10 for one of the challenge missions. I have been on the list for Altrumm Ruins and Dragon's Throat in the past, and I would like to lead a team through Dragon's Throat tonight. I'm posting a team build and signup below that is specifically designed for destroying mass quantities of Afflicted very quickly.

Tank: Charge! tank with armor boosting skills to reduce explosion damage, such as Dolyak Signet, Defensive Stance, possibly Feigned Neutrality as a W/A or Armor of Earth as a W/E

Battery: P/N with maxed energy (+5 spear and +12 off-hand OR +20 energy staff) and Motivation, high Command and Blood, Song of Power, Fall Back!, Blood Ritual

Monk: Prot heal hybrid, focus on damage reduction and healing for tank

Minion Master

4 damage dealers, SF Eles w/ Meteor Shower, or B/P rangers, or CoS Rits, basically any type of AoE spikers

Tank:
Battery:
Monk:
MM:
DD1:
DD2:
DD3:
DD4:

What time mate?

I can bring a MM, or a tank. I have a N/Mo battery also. Not what the build requires.....but if need be, I can fake it.

Battery is negotiable, flexibility will help quite a bit.

We'll start around, say, 10:15 EST? Sorry C$, I won't be home until 9:00, and my wife likes some conversation before I play.

awesome, count me in. I can fill any of the non-DD spots.

edit:i did say in another post that i'd help people tonight with desert missions. So if someone is on and needs one of those I'll help them. Otherwise....count me in.

[toj.cc]WildBillKickoff;212512 said:
Battery is negotiable, flexibility will help quite a bit.

We'll start around, say, 10:15 EST? Sorry C$, I won't be home until 9:00, and my wife likes some conversation before I play.

I'm gonna make my own guild and call it "God's Early Risers"

[toj.cc]WildBillKickoff;212512 said:
my wife likes some conversation before I play.

They're kinda funny that way, huh.

I'm in. I can do MM or Damage (Ele or B/P)

C$, Please feel free to start another group. Give us a score to beat. Even if you can't get a full team, you can fill up on heros and still do pretty well. I once had the daily #3 score at Zos Shivros with just me and heroes and hench.

Also, I wouldn't mind doing a little of this over the weekend. The special event is a higher drop rate of the hero armor upgrades for the Nightfall challenge missions. Loew already has upgraded all the heros he can at Dajkah and Sahlajha.

C$, Please feel free to start another group. Give us a score to beat. Even if you can't get a full team, you can fill up on heros and still do pretty well. I once had the daily #3 score at Zos Shivros with just me and heroes and hench.

Well I proved that people will show up pre-10 pm with that tombs run (even though an hour was mostly sitting around and then modifying build and then stc's compy crashed and I had a bizarre lightning storm.....) I did a few weeks ago. I'm up for another tombs run with the SF build, only I'll do it on saturday instead of thursday (which is today I guess lol) so more people will be on.

oh and I meant not this saturday of course, everyone'll be doing that heroes increased drop event (including myself, but earlier)

just remember that even though the early bird gets the worm the early worm still gets eaten

Rho

Well I proved that people will show up pre-10 pm with that tombs run

The point isn't that no one will show up early. I can't show up early, therefore anything I organize will be late. If you want things to be done earlier, please organize them yourself. You are a more than capable young person, and I hope you do organize more activities.

[toj.cc]WildBillKickoff;212596 said:
The point isn't that no one will show up early. I can't show up early, therefore anything I organize will be late. If you want things to be done earlier, please organize them yourself. You are a more than capable young person, and I hope you do organize more activities.

I'm with ya there. I ran a guild for about a year, and people (most were officers) always complained that we never did anything early. Guild stuff always started after 10pm because...

1) We had a lot of west coasters so earlier wasn't good for them
2) (More importantly) I was the one setting up stuff. No one wanted to organize anything. And you can't very well setup a time to do something...if you yourself can't make it.

i would love to do that stuff, sadly this weekend i will be major AFK as i will be jumping with other thousands of teens.

RAWR!

Well, we made 3 tries before we broke the top 50. We made number 34 for the daily bests. Here's the screenshot:

A little practice and I think we could hit the monthly best top 50 easy.

Back