Thoughts on Mists of Pandaria

Skibabinz

So with our new expansion being announced, and exciting new details emerging, I think we should start a thread to get everyone's thoughts on the subject. So...here goes....

BRBREROLLINGPANDARIANMONK -gasp for breath-....

So yea, I'm rerolling 100%.

I think this expansion is going to have some great turn out. There have been positive and negative reactions to it from what I've seen and most of the negative reaction is from people that see pokemon and Kung Fu Panda and think that Blizz is just screwing around now but they don't realize what all it entails.

To me the best thing about Warcraft was the lore. The savage Orcs vs humans started it all. Then the lore got more and more stretched as time went on. Now adding Pandas as a race really is the final separation from old Warcraft. I have no idea how they will try to retcon it in to the history or if they will even try. For some reason I really doubt Chris Metzen was involved in this expansion.

This next expansion is all about the Horde vs Alliance so you're contradicting yourself there. You say Horde vs Alliance is what started it (which is what this xpac is all about) and now you're saying this xpac is farther away from the start of it than anything else. So the same thing is driving it away as what started it is what you're saying?

No, he's saying Orcs vs Human's is what started it... not panda's vs panda's... the Lore being used for this expan is sooooo stretched that it makes people that playing all the warcraft games leading into WoW kinda wonder what's going on.

I think it looks pretty fun. I like the look of where talents are going. I'm kinda really hoping that the Pandaren female model is fat like a panda and not skinny like every other race.

Dasavur, i'm stating my opinion, its not in anyway a knock agaisnt you or anyone else that will enjoy it, i'm happy people will :)

I was stating what got me into it in the first place and how far it is from it now.

Humans, Elfs, Orcs, Undead, Dragons, Deathknights, Pandas..

Just doesn't feel right to me, I've read a ton of the lore, everything in game I could and a number of the paperbacks as well, none of it would have pointed me in this direction. I was really thinking the next one may have been focused on the Emerald Dream myself.

To be honest, I think not having a set focus in this expansion beyond the alliance and horde conflict is a great way for them to get creative with their raids. I mean just think, theres the possibility of us being able to have epic events like AQ 20/40 again. I think when Blizzards creativity is given a go ahead, they can do some amazing things. I mean look at Ulduar for example.

Yes Pandas was in Warcraft 3, but as a bonus campaign, guess I would look at them as how I would look at the bonus cow level in diablo, just as a fun twist.

Anyway maybe they will pull it off, Blizz has done great things, I hope they do so you all can have a blast :)

My biggest thing is the challenge mode instances. I hope they do succeed in pulling off Challenge mode on every instance, because if they do, we'll get to do every single 5-man instance as an end-game challenge.

Not just two, like now.

Sorry I didn't mean to sound offended or anything. I understand what you mean though. Pandas are out there and despite that I know I'll enjoy it I am kinda wondering what's going on that they are taking us from Deathwing the World Destroyer to Pandas: Let's all go eat until we're fat. A lot of it is kinda like "o_O cmon Blizz, what's going on over there, is everyone there brain dead...?"

Back