Thought I'd check in and say hello :)

Hello Tek's Senpai :p . Much of the forum spam has moved over to Discord https://www.cgalliance.org/forums/threads/christian-gamers-alliance-discord-server.50864/ if you want a more happening chat. Regardless I am quite certain Tek will see this thread soon enough :) .

ha! Thanks and hello right back at ya! I guess I’ll have to drop into this “discord” thing if that’s where everyone is hiding these days :p

Man, lots of good memories coming back “walking” down memory lane here.

**Rings doorbell**

Wow, it's been a while since I have poked my head in here. How is everyone doing? ;)

J7
:O jammer7 sighting! So good to see you alive and well and posting on the forums, good sir!

We'd love to have you join us on the CGA Discord server. Discord is effectively IRC + TeamSpeak with minimal administrative overhead and a very straightforward end-user experience as well.

:O jammer7 sighting! So good to see you alive and well and posting on the forums, good sir!

We'd love to have you join us on the CGA Discord server. Discord is effectively IRC + TeamSpeak with minimal administrative overhead and a very straightforward end-user experience as well.

;) good to see you are also alive and kickin Tek! Thanks for keeping the home fire burning all these years!

man, has time flown by!

I downloaded the discord app to my phone last night and tinkered a bit with it, seems pretty straight forward, although I’m sure there’s some stuff I’ll have figure out.

look forward to reconnecting a bit, and reminiscing :)

do not forget to post here..MOST has gone to discord...until discord boots folks like us off...:)

I think aside from national news media (which coincidentally also makes lots of money from emotionally charged political ads - better news would require more people willing to support better business models) being able to cherrypick extreme cases to highlight, that bandwagon has mostly moved on already. Even with all the current chaos and unpredictability, one thing that seems to have still remained constant is the shortness of the American attention span.

There might be some issues with one particular Christian faction having been explicitly labeled by the FBI as a domestic terror threat that may trigger some actions having to be taken by some of their communication channels, but I haven't met a single person yet who considers their views as being representative of all Christians, and it's pretty easy to show with just some basic Bible verses that their ideas are not in accordance with the principles Christ taught.

Not meaning to discourage forum posting at all - it's certainly my preferred method of communication as well, though I will admit to a growing reluctance to post much about personal topics in public places. I'd probably post more here if we had more private forums beyond just a couple special interest groups, and I can see why people might feel more comfortable with places like Discord for privacy and drama reduction purposes - mainstream society definitely does have a problem with fishing up individuals' old posts and taking them out of context from the original time and place they came from - I just don't use real-time services myself due to disability.

Back