This is what I'm thinking

LITSAFALDA

Prayer Angel, Moderator
This is pretty much exactly what I sent to Rizz. Tell me what you think and if you see anything I may have over looked.

My church has it set up in out prayer box for nation and the world; church.... including sister churches and specific areas in the church and alphabetically for the church members( This could be just those subscribing to the newletter, toj , ccg or etc people for us to determine); recovering or receiving treatment; and other needs. I would like to expand on that to add:

First a specific prayer for each week ...... I may need some volunteers to helpp with this. ( This may include specific national and spiritual and etc like Father's Day).

Second our temporary pastor had us praying for Jerusalem
rock.gif
or was it Israel. That is praying for peace as in the Bible it says to pray for peace there and you will be blessed>

Third would be Catagories like Asked, Answered, and Updates, Praises, and maybe Specifics as Needed ( such as but not limitted to travel, peer pressure for our younger ones, and cooping with issues like depression and grief etc).

Fourth to me may be the most important to me and may help us grow and become a closer family. I would like to make a part listing Private Prayers. The only thing shared here would be the "nickname" of those needing it. Just would be a simple list and this is my reasoning behind it.

For the example say that both Rizz and I play CS together and have been clan mates and buddies for awhile. We have a good time gaming together but unknown to Rizz, I am carrying a heavy burden and have not and probably won't ask for any help, as many people don't. God's good but He put us here for fellowship too to help us grow and learn. Well say Rizz gets his weekly prayer letter and my name is on under private prayers ( again there will be no explanations just a list of names). This is how I feel it should be. So maybe one day while gaming Rizz askes if I'm doing ok, or says that he's praying for me, or if there is anything he can do or help?
rock.gif

This will help promote trust in our "family" and also give us an outlet to maybe even unload. Which I think in the long run may help get the mentoring idea up and going again and give people a place to help with tough issues and such.

The only other thing is I think theres going to have to be a deadline...........specific cut off time.......... for what will be added to the letter. We may do this every other week but I'm really hoping we'll be able to do it weekly and I have a feeling it will really take off after a month or so.

Sorry I was longwinded but really wanted to get my point across. Any other comments or suggestions??? Please feel free but I will be out of town a few days so it may take me a few to reply.

Blessings "Angel"

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]First a specific prayer for each week ...... I may need some volunteers to helpp with this. ( This may include specific national and spiritual and etc like Father's Day).

This is a great idea if we have someone who can ensure there is one ready each week. As always there is the need for staff.. But i really think that could work well if one person commits to it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Second our temporary pastor had us praying for Jerusalem or was it Israel. That is praying for peace as in the Bible it says to pray for peace there and you will be blessed

Good idea. The only concern there is that if we copy/paste the same prayer every week into that section ti will get a little stale.. Maybe we could incorporate it into the first section.. Have liek a "prayer of the week" kinda thing and include that as much as possible in the context of it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Third would be Catagories like Asked, Answered, and Updates, Praises, and maybe Specifics as Needed ( such as but not limitted to travel, peer pressure for our younger ones, and cooping with issues like depression and grief etc).

Yep, this would mainly be the posts in cga prayer forums. All squished into about two scentences each.. Forums should be checked to see if there are any developments.. Like CCGRs baby thread which is constantly moving on.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Fourth to me may be the most important to me and may help us grow and become a closer family. I would like to make a part listing Private Prayers. The only thing shared here would be the "nickname" of those needing it. Just would be a simple list and this is my reasoning behind it.

Excellent. Along with this we would have to put all the ways of contacting the prayerteam and such at the bottom but i think having those sections could work out really well.

Ok so what we need now is ...
1. Someone to want to do the prayer of the week, if litsafalda cannot handle it all herself.
2. I need to whip up a rough draft of the letter so that we can refine the look of it and make sure all these topics are covered.

ok rizz youre not getting me on the prayer of the week. Depending when we start if it goes with the plan I have I would like you to do the first one. And I will do the next one for fathers day as I already have ideas on that. I've already asked some friends to help be prayer'ers too but mostly would be people from here..... private council...... I'm hoping. As I know I need to start working on my prayers too. I feel like we should also have the part I started with but have a way to expand it. And I purposely explained the private prayers so people would feel comfortable in telling us and also more understanding. I'm sooo excited smiles

Smiles more like a volunteer thing mostly but as I said if the date goes when I'm hoping I really want you to do the first prayer as it the seed was started by you. Yes I did take the time to go back and read everything from the beginning. I do not want to be stepping on anyone's toes either. And I need to be taught how to put links in here as well as your quotes from the person you're replying too when you have a chance. I've worked on this most of the day and keep typing smiles and coming up with more. I really thought for the first one you could maybe do a prayer for the newsletter, toj , and cga success growth etc. Just my thoughts.

Smiles get on the band wagon. I've already got another person willing too. And there are a few more I think I can persuade.

just tell me when and where, List can you please use a different font i did not read your first post because even when highlighted it is really vierd for me.

font or color?
rock.gif
?? I love purple and have no idea how it got set up that way. And don't worry I'll give you all heads up before hand

Howdy guys, Rizz got ur email. I'd definatley be willing to help. If ya want i could compile the newsletter and send it out. Sounds like there's gonna be multiple people working on seperate parts of it, so if somebody gave me a format (or told me to make one) and everybody sent me their sections, then I could insert them into an email and send it out to a list. Rizz you talked about this in the email you sent me. But whatever you need. I could also do one of the specific prayers if you needed.  

I'm pretty excited about this too. The prayer fourms on CGA were a good start, but I think this will be a very organized way of getting everyone involved. And you know, without prayer anything we do or hope to acomplish is pretty much worthless. Prayer gives us God's guideance and support, as well as brings us as a group together. So if we blanket everything we do in prayer, and make it a foundation for this group, we will have amazing potential for outreach, ministering within the group, and growth within the group. So I definatley think this is a good thing and i'm prayin for it in my prayers, as well should we all.

Let me know.

Thank you for your input and atm I'm not 100% sure where I'm going to need the most help at. Do you have any other suggestions etc to make it a better form?
rock.gif
Please let me know. I will be out of town til fri or sat not sure which for a few days and no computer access. We can work a bit more this coming weekend and into the next week.

Blessings "Angel"

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I really thought for the first one you could maybe do a prayer for the newsletter, toj , and cga success growth etc. Just my thoughts.

Thats exactly what i had in mind
rock.gif

Re: funky stuff in forums: just use the buttons above the post window and copy/paste whatever you need in. Whether it be someone elses post or a website URL etc...

I will definitely get on a first draft TONIGHT when i get home from work. Now i have no idea how we are gonna sort the workload. I was thinking maybe these areas... (distributed how you wish)

1. Chase up the prayer of the week from whoever may wish to do it and/or find people who are willing to do future ones.. maybe schedule them up and give them dates to send POTW's.
2. Manage the prayer requests from forums. Just keep the sectiob for this up to date with any new forum threads and/or updates.
3. Private prayers. Most fo these will be coming to me via email so i will compile the list and send them to the person who compiles the letter. Or i may post the details in private forusm so people can pray. Depending.
4. Compiling. Basically putting everything together and sending the email.. I thik all you have to do is send an email to cgaprayer@yahoogroups.com. I dunno if they accept HTML or rich text or what so we will have to see how it goes.

Ok so decide who wants to do what or let me assign it. Or you could both do bits of both.. As long as it gets done im not bothered who does it..
wink.gif

Hmm ok don't understand how to do that still so we can talk when I get back. If I get any sleep, more and more things swirling in my head.

Atm I'm hoping that I'll be able to compile most of it but may need a bit of help finding all the prayers etc. Also I have a few question, like does the website make us a full list of who's signed up etc or will we need to take that from the forum thread. I have an idea on something and sort of need to know a bit more on how we see those who are signed up.

I'll explain that a bit more when I get back. At the latest will be Sat but more then likely Fri night.

Ok i should explain the yahoo group...

The yahoo group is basically a mailing list. All those who sign up will get the email sent to cgaprayer@yahoogroups.com. You can login to the yahoo groups website and see your group if you have a Yahoo! ID. From there you can see the email addresses of all the people signed up. Both Litsafalda and Holycrusader have Ownership level of the group and can add people by email addy, post the weekly letter and do a bunch of other stuff that we dont need.

We will walk through the whole process once everything is set up.. It will go perfectly..lol

so exactly who is on the yahoo list? I think you could have it where people needed to sign up for themselves if they were interested, or I think it'd almost be best to just put everyone on the ToJ/CGA roster on the list. Then if they for some reason really don't want to get it they can unsubscribe. That might be alotta work tho. I'm not for sure how many people there are on the roster and how long it takes to add people to the list...

also like i said I could do the compiling. But if litsfalda wants to do that, then I could collect the public prayer requests or somethin like that.

It would have to be a council decision to put everyone on the prayer newsletter mailing list. I could do it easily enough but its whether people want to or not.. Plus i can only add 10 people per day. I could invite all members to the group.. that might work..

yeah, I saw that option. Let me know if you want some help. Im sure its pretty tedious. So any decisions on whos gonna do what and when are we gonna have the first one go out? Weekly or bi-weekly?

If we are gonna invite i will get plankeye to send me a text file with all the toj emails in cos he can pull it right off his db.

I think the letter will go out weekly. Just to keep people Informed. However if its a "slow week" there may be very few changes to the lists... SO perhaps we could have a "New Prayers" section just before requests and praise reports... then next week they move into the relevant section.. Of course this would only start week2?

I think we should just send out an email with a link and those who want to subscribe can. I would rather people do it themselves than get 15 messages a week from people asking to be unsubscribed. But, this is just my opinion.

Cory

Back