Thinking about buying...

Captain_Tea

I am thinking about getting Guild Wars. Do a lot of you guys still play? I know there are some expansion packs… Which ones would I need to join in with you guys? Would I be better off waiting till GW2 comes out?

Last edited:
I would say a fair number of us still play. There are 3 campaigns and one expansion pack, Eye of The North. There currently is a possibility of gaining some items for GW2 in game, filling up your Hall of Monuments in Eye Of The North. There seems to be someone on from the guild or alliance most of the time. Also some of the extended story that has been added in game fills up what will be the historical gaps between the time of Guild Wars and GW2. Wait? Why? Play Guild Wars for it's own merits, which are many. It is easy to find a deal on a package containing all 3 campaigns, and the EOTN pack can be found on discount frequently also. We have a lot of people in the guild and alliance willing to help you learn too. By the way each campaign, Prophecies, Factions, and Nightfall can stand on their own, it is only EOTN that needs a campaign to play, any campaign, but doesn't need all three.

Last edited:
Cool, I will watch for a sale and will probably pick it up soon. It looks like a good winter time game. I'm not the type to buy all the "flavor of the week" games. I typically don't buy many games but the ones I do buy I normally stick to for a long time so I wanted to make sure there were still a lot of peeps still playing before I went ahead and bought it.

Last edited:
Cool, I will watch for a sale and will probably pick it up soon. It looks like a good winter time game. I'm not the type to buy all the "flavor of the week" games. I typically don't buy many games but the ones I do buy I normally stick to for a long time so I wanted to make sure there were still a lot of peeps still playing before I went ahead and bought it.

:) Good to have you on board CPT.

50553_104198290097_5724362_n.jpg

Is it possible to join the guild with a trial version of GW? I have it downloaded and installed now.

I am completely lost. What would a good character class be for a beginner?

Yea, as soon as you get a name together and settled, shoot us your name and we can invite you as soon as possible. Mesmers and Monks are typically the more difficult classes to play, but also some of the most rewarding. Rangers and Warriors are pretty straight forward for beginners, but I would recommend pretty much anything but mesmer and monks to new players. Necros, Warriors, Rangers, Ele, are all good starts.

This is all assuming you have only Prophecies. The added professions - Rit, Assassin, Paragon, and Dervish, range from easy to play to difficult. Rits are very versatile and can pretty much run everything, Paragons are a little niche, Dervs are AoE warriors with added flare, and Assassins are hard to master, trying to balance defense with combat effectiveness.

Yea, as soon as you get a name together and settled, shoot us your name and we can invite you as soon as possible. Mesmers and Monks are typically the more difficult classes to play, but also some of the most rewarding. Rangers and Warriors are pretty straight forward for beginners, but I would recommend pretty much anything but mesmer and monks to new players. Necros, Warriors, Rangers, Ele, are all good starts.

This is all assuming you have only Prophecies. The added professions - Rit, Assassin, Paragon, and Dervish, range from easy to play to difficult. Rits are very versatile and can pretty much run everything, Paragons are a little niche, Dervs are AoE warriors with added flare, and Assassins are hard to master, trying to balance defense with combat effectiveness.

My characters name is 'Kaptajn Tee'. He is a warrior primary and ranger secondary.

Invite sent 2315 EST 29 Dec. If you need help in pre just ask I'm on a lot. Where you will be I will be on my second acct as Super Geezer One, or holler in Alliance or Guild for Ursen.

Invite sent 2315 EST 29 Dec. If you need help in pre just ask I'm on a lot. Where you will be I will be on my second acct as Super Geezer One, or holler in Alliance or Guild for Ursen.

Thank you :). I think i'm hooked. It was my big pet kitty that won me over :p. I've used up about half of my free trial hours already. Just ordered the entire set from amazon, The Trilogy and Eye of the North expansion for $32 with free super saver shipping :D. I'm looking forward to playing with you guys.

Last edited:
Another one bites the dust! Dun dun dun. Another one bites the dust! And another's gone and another one's gone and another one bites the dust!

Welcome to the dark side ;)

Another one bites the dust! Dun dun dun. Another one bites the dust! And another's gone and another one's gone and another one bites the dust!

Lol. I don't have much time left in my trial account so i'm going to use the time, while i'm waiting for the the full game to arrive, to read up at http://wiki.guildwars.com.

Last edited:

Noooo, don't tell me we lost another player to The Old Republic!!!!

Back