The war in Iraq

Is the war in Iraq Biblically justifiable?

• Yes

Votes: 20 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • I don't know

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Why does it matter? Our President is a believer... I think...

Votes: 1 2.5%

• Total voters
i voted yes but i am not 100% sure on my vote. Next week will be a must see! /excited!!!

'I don't know."

I'm familiar with a lot of theological debates, but I'll admit this is one that I haven't spent any time looking into. Guess I should read up on the subject for next week. :)

'I don't know."

I'm familiar with a lot of theological debates, but I'll admit this is one that I haven't spent any time looking into. Guess I should read up on the subject for next week. :)

most definanately

That is a question is the War Biblical? I don't think so but do I support the War in Iraq yes I support our Presidant and our troops I have friends there. But should we have gone there according to the Bible? That is tough one.

That is a question is the War Biblical? I don't think so but do I support the War in Iraq yes I support our Presidant and our troops I have friends there. But should we have gone there according to the Bible? That is tough one.
i voted yes on the reason of the war. i dont support Bush nor do i not support him, but i always will support our troops!

I don't know if it is biblically justifiable but I do think it is a step in the right direction. Someone in the UN needs to step up to the plate and actually enforce its rulings. If anything, the lack of support we've received has emboldened the radical nations into calling the UN's bluff since we kind of have our hands full in Iraq and Afghanistan. Look at North Korea and Iran. The only reason they're puffing out their chests is because they know the UN will only give them mean looks for it. One thing I do know is that NK better not set off that nuke. That whole region will start to get ugly really fast if they do. Technically, we're still at war with North Korea since we never signed a formal peace treaty with them. It's actually just a 50 year and counting cease-fire.

i voted yes on the reason of the war. i dont support Bush nor do i not support him, but i always will support our troops!

I agree with you. But I voted no. It seems to me that despite the war that is present in the old testament, Jesus came to teach us a message of peace and love. But regardless, war is only a justifiable act in a few situations, such as going to war to stop Hitler. Afghanistan was also justifiable to me but Iraq was not justifiable.

I support our troops. As long as they are on the battlefield I will pray for them and their families but I do not support the president, that being said I will also not judge him, as it is not my place.

I can tell this will be quite an intense bible study and I look forward to seeing what everyone can biblically come up with.

But regardless, war is only a justifiable act in a few situations, such as going to war to stop Hitler. Afghanistan was also justifiable to me but Iraq was not justifiable.

So, we can stop Hitler but not Hussein?

One of our responsibilities as a nation is to protect Israel. If we don't protect Israel, we lose the bit of God's blessing that we have as a nation. I would rather not see the United States in an even further spiritual withdrawal because we refused to protect Israel from Hussein.

I agree with what CS said. What about Hitler? Hussein was supposed to be the next Hitler.

Instead, the next Hitler is Ahmedinejad (sp?), but that's beside the point.

I can tell already that this will be a HOT topic, so I'm glad to be leading this. Please be assured that it will be led with my usual tact and fairmindedness, and I look forward to seeing you all there.

Cant wait, will be there and i would like to that Sherman (even though he isnt here and this is on the wrong board place thing...) for his sevice and what he is doing. AND thank you everyone else who served. THANK YOU!

I agree with you. But I voted no. It seems to me that despite the war that is present in the old testament, Jesus came to teach us a message of peace and love.

Not to start an argument but just to see what you think. if Jesus came to bring peace why did he say this "Do not think that i came to bring peace on earth; i did not come to bring peace, but a sword." Matt 10:34

Or even when Jesus sent his disciples out. The first time he told them not to take a sword but when he was preparing them for after his death he told them to take one (and then Peter said.."well we have 2 here") sorry i forgot where it was at.

But then again you have when Peter cut off the ear off the slave of the high priest and Jesus said, "Put your sword back into its place; for all those who take up the sword shall perish by the sword." Matt 26:51

just some thoughts about Jesus coming to bring "peace"

i agree with astrod00d. im not sure on it myself. do i think it's necesary? yes. do i like the way it's being handled? no. do i like how we're pumping a billion into it per day? no.

For some reason, the index shows the most recent post posted 03-30-2007 09:31 AM

However, the post says last November. Weird.

So what'd y'all decide?

Let me rephrase the question:

Is defending one's self (with arms) Biblically OK?

Back