The Server Report

Wirl

on to something new...
Hey all...

In case you haven't read it yet, GFC has a new CS Source server up and running.
(hescominsoon.dyndns.org:27020)

I wanted to report some progress on the server and the challenges I have left.

Acheivements:
Admin mod is running full blast on the server and all GFC members are now setup as admins.
We actually have the servers running as services on the main box. This means that if the main server restarts the game servers will restart automaticly.

Challenges:
The Quake sounds are not working in game. I've got them installed, but they are not responding. Still researching.

If you have question about the server, please feel free to PM me.
GOD BLESS!!!
AND ALL HONOR TO HIM!!!

Let me clarify the statistics on the server..:)
physical machine:
dual core opteron 1.8 ghz
4 gigabytes of ram
2x500 gig hdd in raid 1
1x80 gig hdd for vm's
Base OS is Windows Server 2003 64 bit standard R2.

The gfc server(s) actually run as a virtual machine under vmware. All vm's use the 80 gig drive exclusively. The gfc vm has one of the opty's cpus for it, 1 gig of ram, 40 gigs of hdd space, and runs windows server 2003 web edition. Wirl is the admin for the gfc's server instance...:)

Got another update...

Once again thanks to HCS, we found a software that allows the servers to run in the background, and restart without direction from a user.
Well, the GFC received a donation, and it was used to purchase the full version of the said software (FireDaemon) and now that service will run indefinitely. :D

And the beat goes on....
PRAISE GOD!!!

Cover you ears:D:D

:eek::eek:

*boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom**boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* :eek::eek::eek:

Big Drums..:D

are there specific nights in which everyone tries to get on and play together?

I just added the server to my favorites.

Where is the server located? I tried joining a few times but the lag was kinda horrific. Was in the 150's and above on ping, never seeing anything lower than 130, which is playable but a little rough. I'll keep trying and see if maybe it was something on my end, though I do not believe that I was dloading or otherwise.

it's in Maryland in my house. we are working on getting it into a rackmount machine but that's expensive. try it again we have been tweaking it to get rid of internal lag. I bought a new server AND upgraded my bandwidth so hopefully that helps..:) In terms of pings if you're on the other coast not a bunch i can do about that one..:)

UPDATE!!!!

I think I have the quake sounds finally fixed. Players may have to type quake in a chat field to start them. But hopefully they should be functional. I'm on a fast this week so if someone can check those sounds, and post a response here that would be great. Thanks!!!

Praise be to GOD!!!

Ok, the server has returned... I know there are still tweaks to work out on her, but she is up and running, and admin mod should be working as well. :D

I really apologize for such a delay in getting her back up. Last couple of weeks were a bit hair raising with school and all. :D

I know there are still some bugs to work out on the server, I'll hopefully have those hammered out soon. ENJOY! :D

Ok maybe not... lol.

Lost the connection on her and the server box. I'll contact HCS for help.

sorry i pulled the plug on things due to us going on vacation..but i forgot to leave the cable modem on..:) Everything else was up except that..sorry.

TA TA DA DA!!!!!!!!!! (dramatic music)

The server is up and running as it should be. :D

OK here's what I got running on her...
1) FireDaemon is running the server, so if the machine reboots, it should immediately come back online.
2) For the quake sounds... they ARE on and they ARE working (love ya HCS :D ).
3) Over came a glitch where the maps were not showing on the map lists in admin. That is taken care of too.
4) All GFC have admin status. If I missed anyone let me know. Also send me your steam_ID I'll get you added fast.

Hope you all enjoy th eserver...
hescominsoon.dyndns.org:27015

OH!! GFC, check the clan forums to see the RCON password. :D

Back