The Secret World

direpath

Anyone playing this? I picked this up last week after a 50% off Steam sale and it is a really cool game. Pretty heavy on the occult if that is something you don't like in your gaming, however your character is fighting the evil not encouraging it.

I'm on the Daemon shard as Fioren if anyone else is playing.

Yeah, I don't think we have anyone actively playing but we have lots of members that own the game. I imagine if you started a thread there you might get some response. Great game and I really want to go back and complete the story line one day.

Agreed, it's is a great game and 15 - 20 years ago I would have eaten it up. However, it was a little too dark for me so while the graphics are superb, the mechanics are very well done I just can't play it hour upon hour like I have other games. Every once in a while I patch the game and think I will jump in a play a little, but then something shiny distracts

this is an old thread, but I followed the trail, and Secret World is still going - now with no subscription ( how does THAT work I wonder?), so am going to give it a go on my gaming computer later - thankyou! Not usually into MMO, but this looks.. different. I shall play on the side of good, of course! :)

this is an old thread, but I followed the trail, and Secret World is still going - now with no subscription ( how does THAT work I wonder?), so am going to give it a go on my gaming computer later - thankyou! Not usually into MMO, but this looks.. different. I shall play on the side of good, of course! :)

They have an in game cash shop for cosmetics and other things to make money. Hmmm I can't remember if it has paid access to additional areas /shrugs. The game's theme is of the vein of the WB's Supernatural TV show, so I avoided it, but up to you. It's F2P (free to play) so it hurts nothing trying it but the time it takes (unless your ISP has bandwidth caps like mine XD).

Steam actually has a F2P section if you want to browse it for anything that strikes your fancy http://store.steampowered.com/genre/Free to Play/?snr=1_200_200_Free+to+Play_12 . Many F2P games, at least of the MMOs, restrict player abilities or advancement to a crawl without paying. Playing them is more like a free but limited trial. However the worst of them are typically called P2W (pay to win) by gamers and reviled by all but children who's parents give them money to leave them alone XD. Good F2P games, that don't punish you for not paying, do exist you just have to sort them from the others.

Last edited:
oh, doesn't sound so appealing if you put it like that TMG :) I might give it a quick go, but if it is as crippled as it sounds it might be, I shan't hang about. Thanks for the info :)

TSW is buy to play not F2P, somewhat like GW2. There is a subscription plan as well but it is not necessary unless you want to play endgame raiding. There is constant content released in the form of modules or issues and with each one there is some free content and some paid content. You can go a long way without paying more then the box price.

The game is fantastic, the best questing mmo ever, BUT it is adult themed and if you are over sensitive to the macabre I would not recommend it. Also it is rather violent and zombie filled.

Last edited:
TSW is buy to play not F2P, somewhat like GW2. There is a subscription plan as well but it is not necessary unless you want to play endgame raiding. There is constant content released in the form of modules or issues and with each one there is some free content and some paid content. You can go a long way without paying more then the box price.

The game is fantastic, the best questing mmo ever, BUT it is adult themed and if you are over sensitive to the macabre I would not recommend it. Also it is rather violent and zombie filled.

Ah ok I never looked deep into the pricing once I got a feel for the themes of the game. I'm actually fine with scary it's the liberties with religion / Christianity part I don't like. Thanks for correcting me on the pricing Ewoks :) .

Last edited:
have to say it doesn't quite sound my sort of game - zombies and stuff. I can take a bit of blood and gore but not hanging bodies and setting people on fire as some sort of entertainment - yuk, and, like TMG, I would be bothered with liberties taken re Christianity. Still, I have only been here a day and already I have some new games to consider! Wonderful ! :D

Back