The Secret World - Join us on the Arcadia Server

ewoksrule

There are a bunch of us getting into The Secret World. Now that it has dropped the subscription it is a great time to join us!

We play on the Arcadia server and tend to be late nighters (10pm-1am EST most nights) but earlier some days too.

FYI the game is Adult/Mature in content. Def not a family-friendly game. There is mature language and themes and it can be scary at times. Lots of zombies on PCP too. That being said, the voice overs are the best in the industry and the story is incredibly engaging, entertaining, and often funny as heck. This is the kind of game you want to sit back and listen to all the NPC conversations and be immersed. The cut scenes are excellent. There are investigation quests where you are required to visit fake websites and do research, or look all over the environments for clues. Of course you can just get spoilers too, but the puzzles can be very fun!

The over all theme is modern day 2012 end of the Mayan calendar conspiracy theory -ish. Kinda supernatural kinda horror. To quote Gilga "So far, it feels like they went with stealing tropes from everything paranormal: think x-files plus walking dead plus twin peaks plus supernatural plus buffy and so on."

The combat is a lot like Guild Wars 2 and the dungeons are heavy mechanic driven. There are not set classes but its based on the 2 weapons you wield at any given time and the skill points you put in. The holy trinity is there with more hybrid support options as well.

There is a cash shop and its cosmetic with some boosts and account bonuses like inventory space/run speed (which you can also unlock with currency) Your appearance is not related to your gear other then the weapons.

The Secret Society you pick will affect how you PvP and what guilds you can join, but otherwise we can group up just fine regardless of faction.

Here is some good beginner links if you want to read up.

New Player Guide

Things I wish I had known forum thread.

Yokai's guide to build mechanics and build philosophy

Your one-stop shop for Secret World guides

Pictures of Deck Outfits you can get.

Dulfy has older stuff that is still very good.

Dungeon and Boss guides - and alot more

Main toons on Arcadia to /add friend:

Ewoksrule - Illuminati - Heals
Impending - Illuminati - Tank
Augcliffe - Templar - DPS
Snurg - Illuminati
Jakooki - Templar
Gator-Missile - Illuminati - DPS/Off-Heals
Keerosene - Templar- Single-target DPS/Debuffs
GreyParallel - Dragons - AOE DoTs

EDIT - I will add more name and links if you guys comment below with what you want in the OP.

Last edited:
I made a Templar yesterday and I'm enjoying the game so far. I've just done a few quests in Kingsmouth and still have alot to figure out. I really like how it's alot different than other mmo's i've played.

in your main menu in the upper left part of the screen is a friends option. You enter our nickname which is the "middle" name.

I cant edit the OP anymore with new names, Maybe some day we can get a chapter and then I can have mod rights..
For now just put your nickname in thread so we can add it. All the names on the OP are the nciknames to add.

I ran HR about 4 more times in last 2 days. LOVE that instance, sooo fun.

I am just finishing up savage coast and getting prepared for Blue Mountain. I am splitting my builds tho and need a ton of AP so I will gladly rerun any content with you all.

Bump for new members names to add..

Ewoksrule - Illuminati - Heals
Impending - Illuminati - Tank
Augcliffe - Templar - DPS
Snurg - Illuminati
Jakooki - Templar
Gator-Missile - Illuminati - DPS/Off-Heals
Keerosene - Templar- Single-target DPS/Debuffs
GreyParallel - Dragons - AOE DoTs
Kevlar112 - Templar
TheBith - Illuminati
Coptic - Illuminati
SixPackJustice - Templars
PurrKitty - Illuminati

Added everyone also. Currently doing family court, so it's taking up a good bit of my free time in preparation. I will try to get in this week to group up!

I just picked up TSW. I am still downloading so I can't give you a character name yet.

Update: Couldn't come up with something better. Kahiel - Templar.

Last edited:
I just picked up TSW. I am still downloading so I can't give you a character name yet.

Update: Couldn't come up with something better. Kahiel - Templar.

Awesome! I still believe this is one of the best questing MMOs I have ever played. Turns out the dungeons are fantastic as well. We have about 8 on most nights. We do have a guild going but it is only illuminati, our Templars just jump in mumble to organize group play.

feel free to join us.

http://sola.enjin.com/forum/m/6084117

Back