The Movie UP

the_great_eskimo_pie

Former Official Thread Killer
Hey ya'll!

Well Baby Pie and I went and saw the Disney/Pixar movie "UP".

I went in expecting something very different than what I got. I expected the gruff old man routine from the main character Carl, however his back story was shown at the beginning of the movie. Be warned, both men and women are going to want a napkin or tissue available during the first 20 minutes of the movie. (Even I had a tear in my eye, so...just be ready)

The Characters were likable and they all mix well. To me there really wasn't a single one who stood out. They did a good job of that, unlike in some other movie's where some minor character saves the whole movie (*cough cough* Ice Age *Cough* )

The 3D portion of the movie, while highly overpriced in my opinion, was well done. The backdrops and the scenery are breathtaking. The pictures don't jump out at out (ala Monsters Vs. Aliens) Instead it seems to move away, creating the backdrop without forcing you into it.

The Morals in the story are actually pretty good. Care for one another, take an interest in one another, people are selfish, parents need to be there for their kids, Love is more important than things... I could go on a bit, however I really did not see too much of a downside in the morals to the story.

I would suggest seeing UP, however at $11.50 per ticket, it is really steep. So only go if you are willing to put down that much cash... The story is enjoyable, the animation is top notch. Especially the balloons!

If you see it, let me know what you think!

ahh so this is what you have been doing with your time....

I am glad you posted this. I wanted to see the movie, but since caterpillar is growing up, I was a little hesitant about taking her given ticket prices, but with your review, we may have to bite the bullet and see it.

If the ticket prices are high, I hear the 2d version is good as well.

And not all of my time. Just finished finals. (Of course I got an A)

PLus family stuffs. :)

Back