The Molten Core

Reason

This is the next quest in line for my priest epic staff, Benediction.

http://www.thottbot.com/?qu=6822

I know that I won't be able to do this any time soon. I do know that some of you have been in to MC. I was just wondering what kind of things would I need to head in there eventually. Should I concentrate on +FR gear? Should I have all of the Devout set? Just need an idea so I know what to aim for.

- Chris

PS: Thanks a ton to everyone who went on the UBRS run last night. I've been waiting for weeks to go with the guild so I could do a quest in there that was part of my priest epic quest line. I could have went with the SGA a few times, but I wanted to go with the guild. So a big thank you to everyone who was able to go last night.

hehe... you would be surprised.

This would be dead easy for you to do, just watch the SGA channel for invites. You could have had this done this morning at 9 :D

Currently, aim for anything that is as good as the devout set.

(The mobs you have to kill would be the first 5 guys in MC)

Just watch Deedlyt and I for cues for when we are going :)

Neirai the Forgiven said:
hehe... you would be surprised.

This would be dead easy for you to do, just watch the SGA channel for invites. You could have had this done this morning at 9 :D

Currently, aim for anything that is as good as the devout set.

(The mobs you have to kill would be the first 5 guys in MC)

Just watch Deedlyt and I for cues for when we are going :)

Think you'll be going tonight? And how is the SGA with a Priest going to do damage? hehehe I know, I know, I'll heal if I gotta. SHEEESH. :p

Domo is the next to last boss in MC. The stuff leading up to each boss is pretty easy (the saturday group is making tons of progress and they're to the point that they can take any "trash mob" in the first half of the dungeon with ease. Now it's just down to learning how to get past the bosses.

In yesterday's run, they dropped Luci on the first try with very few deaths. Mag went down to 8% on the third try (and we only had 2 hunters with Tranq Shot... one more and we're probably set).

If you want into Trigger's run, just sign up in GEM. If you want into Lash/Tasty's run, it's a bit harder; Lash has a group of people that he picks from every week to use for the runs. It's getting pretty rare to see a new face in MC.

I just got my Eye of Divinity on Sunday. Trying to farm the Eye of Shadow now. Icthus has Benediciton already and I think he is farming the mats for some enchants on it. There is an epic mace you get via Cenerain Hold that has +90 healing and damage, add a +55 healing to that with the lei of the lifegiver (exalted with Stormpike reward) and you get +198 healing. The stats are better on benediction (+31 intellect versus +10 intellect on the mace). It amounts to one extra flash heal kind of deal.

Good luck on your adventures in Molton Core!

Last edited:
I liked using the devout set in MC. The spirit bonus coupled with divine spirit helped my mana regen a lot. You don't necessarily have to get the entire devout set to have a good time in MC however - random blue pieces can work just as well.

Recently I started working on gathering fire resist gear. Eventually you'll want around 100 base fire resist (without buffs) once you take on Rag. Until then I think fire resist gear worked well on the flame packs but wasn't as necessary for the other mobs as long as you stayed away from the fire. Lava baths are a no-no. :)

Here's the fire resist gear/enchants I was after (captured from the Alliance SGA forums). I hope this helps!

Easy stuff if you have the cash:
20 head libram enchant
20 legs libram enchant
7 cloak enchant
5 argent dawn shoulder enchant
15 ocean's breeze/tidal loop (MC quest)
10 royal seal of eldre'thalas (from DM)
10 blue bracers from incendius

Not as easy stuff but doable :)
10 starfire tiara (drops off jed runewatcher in UBRS, rare spawn)
10 skullsmoke pants (5% drop off vectus in scholo, hard to get)
10 dragonrider boots (10 man rend runs in ubrs, takes 25 minutes)
10 elder magus pendant (5 man kalendris in dm west, takes 8 minutes)

Back