The Harbinger

Aleron

Eh?
It seems that players have been gravitating over to The Harbinger and a couple of other servers that are in the "heavy" range at night. I decided to re-roll Empire on The Harbinger and so far it's been great. The population is similar to when the game was new. Korriban had more people on it than I've seen on the fleets on our two ToJ servers. The Harbinger Empire Fleet has between 175 and 300 people on. Drommand Kass had around 180 people online the past couple of nights. I've had no problems getting groups for heroics and FPs. The guild I'm in (not a Christian guild) keeps maxing at 500 and there are between 20 and 70 people on depending on the time of day. The average I've experienced is around 50. I won't mention the guild name because I don't want to recruit from ToJ. The server population itself is healthy enough, however, that it's easy to get a pug. Hopefully some of the other servers will improve when the 1.2 patch finally gets released.

I wanted to suggest migrating to another server, but since I am currently inactive...

I have a character on Fatman, but that can get too busy (25 min wait on the weekend). When I get back in I wouldn't mind rolling on a new server, I just hope they allow toon migration before too long.

Now would be the best time to do it, before the Legacy system is expanded. I imagine that will complicate migration.

It would really be nice if they made the legacy system go across servers... I have so many legacy levels on Warriors of the Shadow that it would really be lame to have to restart.

I hear ya! I wish the same. I have legacy levels on both Warriors of the Shadow and Vrook Lamar. I hate starting over, but I also hated being on low population servers. It would be nice if they at least allowed guest access and communication across servers.

Well, maybe they'll offer some of that stuff eventually. In the meantime, if switching servers would keep people more interested in playing then I'd be open to considering that option. I imagine that they'll have to eventually offer character transfers even if they don't right now.

I plan on having at least three toons on The Harbinger. My Sith Assassin is in the guild I mentioned above. I don't want to take up their slots with my alts, however, although I plan to be as active on my alts as my "main." My daughter and a local friend of mine (both are ToJ members) are also playing on The Harbinger and have alts. If we have enough people, we can create a Guild to house them. It doesn't need to be an offical ToJ guild.... just a place where we can create alts in order to play together. An additional upside would be the ability to invite players who agree to be "family-friendly" and be a witness to them. Just some thoughts.

If you happen to make an Empire toon on The Harbinger, my Jugg's name is Akkando and my Assassin's name is Alerron.

Back