Thanx All for the Discussion

Fatkid

Hi guys:

Just wanted to thank everyone who participated in the discussion regarding Barrak's Health Bill. I respect all your opinions and I enjoy reading your thoughts on the issue. Everyone was very classy and expressed their thoughts in a respectful and gentle way.

Anyways, if u follow my posts, u will probably notice that I enjoy following current issues. I like looking at all the sides of the issue whether it be politics, global warming, religion, economics, movies, games, whatever... bring it on. :) I think at the heart of a democracy is debate: this is how we educate ourselves, come to a consensus and even find truth. The freedom of speech and the right to express ourselves is an invaluable right that we all have. Of course, if we feel passionately about something, it can be easy to offend others and we must remember to express ourselves with gentleness and respect. In the end, this is just a gaming forum and not a hot issues one.

So yeah, let's get back to enjoying the game. Have a wonderful Easter everyone. :)

Peace,
- Fatty

Iron sharpening iron! Love it.

So many times in Christian communities we are more like "butter sharpening butter" where we are not either allowing brothers and sisters to speak into our lives or we are just staying on the surface of things. Keep diving deep. Tis a good thing.

:/ I'll second that everyone was polite and respectful and thanks to all. However that was at least the second serious discussion thread I've been involved in that was locked with misinformation unaddressed.

In previous discussions I've tried typing everything out which results in mammoth posts and I've also tried to simply link to sources but either way, going by replies which ignore those things, many don't read them. That's fine I don't read everything all the time either but I'm at a lost on how to get any point across when it's both not read and the thread gets locked before I can point it out. I'm not going to continue the discussion here becuase I have respect for the moderators (and I find serious discussions though important hard on my logical personality XD ) however if the thread was polite why did it get locked >.< . Please moderators stop locking the threads out of fear or we will never get anything constructive done T_T .

Last edited:
:/ I'll second that everyone was polite and respectful and thanks to all. However that was at least the second serious discussion thread I've been involved in that was locked with misinformation unaddressed.

In previous discussions I've tried typing everything out which results in mammoth posts and I've also tried to simply link to sources but either way, going by replies which ignore those things, many don't read them. That's fine I don't read everything all the time either but I'm at a lost on how to get any point across when it's both not read and the thread gets locked before I can point it out. I'm not going to continue the discussion here becuase I have respect for the moderators (and I find serious discussions though important hard on my logical personality XD ) however if the thread was polite why did it get locked >.< . Please moderators stop locking the threads out of fear or we will never get anything constructive done T_T .

Agreed.

I want to say thanks to all who participated and read, and I too think we should delve into these topics a bit more. Perhaps not in this particular forum, but elsewhere at least.

And yes, I urge that threads not be locked when a sensitive and important topic comes up. Perhaps "Move" would be a better option, but not closed.

I just found out the thread was deleted. GG moderators. :(

Last edited:
I just found out the thread was deleted. GG moderators. :(

Bowser,
The thread was deleted because as you know, religion and politics are two things that must be carefully discussed in any situation. You might've not seen it but the direction I saw the thread going in was not a good one. Let me just say this on a lighter note, let us all watch what we post before we post it, i'm sure many of us don't intend to hurt people's feelings or personally attack anybody, but that kinda stuff can be misconstrued in that manner if not careful.

So, please watch what we say in these forums, we are all entitled to our opinion and sometimes confronting somebody due to their opinions is not the best solution. =] Let us all be loving and caring with each post we make, civil and just. =] If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me =]

Thanks!
Kyle

/agree with Kyle.

Those types of discussions do not need to be here. This is a place to escape from that for some people....we deal with enough politics in life so please lets not drag it into here too.

And be respectful of the choices made by the moderators. They don't just delete something on a whim. They discuss and use their judgement for what they were put in place for. Do not send them multiple private pm's about how displeased you are and don't try to say that it is wrong here. Respect the decision.

Kyle-Kristeen, thanks for your response. It is appreciated. :)

I'm sorry the thread got closed and then deleted. I don't think we as Christians, especially as one-sided as we sometimes are, benefit from that kind of censorship. However, I feel like I treated some people with disrespect, certainly the moderators, and I apologize for being a bit too vocal in some regards. :)

Last edited:
I think there is a good middle-ground we can all find here.

@Bowser - You're initial attitude was a little on the offensive against the moderators. I agree with what was said in that moderators only delete posts that have crossed the line or are extremely close to that point. There have been multiple threads in officer about said threads before they are closed or deleted outright. You're follow up post regarding that was made with an awesome attitude and I commend you for that :D

@Sheckle - Your post was also a little too on the offensive against Bowser. I know its easy to get up-in-arms especially when you feel like those you respect have their integrity called to question (I, myself, get extremely heated in those cases). Kyle put it rather well,

...let us all watch what we post before we post it, i'm sure many of us don't intend to hurt people's feelings or personally attack anybody, but that kinda stuff can be misconstrued in that manner if not careful.

I try to put this in practice, although sometimes I am still unsuccessful. The point being, Ash, reading your post made me feel you were swinging your sharpened sword a little too strongly...in my humble opinion.

On the topic at hand, General Forum is for...general stuff; be it WoW-related or not. As long as we keep our posts respectful, we should be able to talk about most anything (politics included). It is hard since some of us have vastly differing opinions. However, if we understand that while we may strongly disagree with someone else, remain respectful. There is a difference between trying to point out what might be "obvious", and making them feel stupid for not knowing or being completely ignorant about their personal views.

What always helps me is to envision what I would want the message to sound like coming from the other end. I.e. if I was using a pure +spirit gem instead of the obviously correct +spell power gem, how would I want someone to correct me? I would much rather take a constructive and respectful pointer like, "Hey, you are better off using a +SP gem instead of +spirit because it mathematically works way better for you." rather than, "Dude...n00b....what the @&*($....+SP>>>>+Spirit...l2play u %$& rage@#&*". Extreme, but I'm sure you get my point.

We are here to learn, get better, and serve others in order to help them better themselves. I know I am :)

Great post Angry. Yeah, I think we have been trying to be respectful to the moderators. Just when our posts are closed and deleted with no warning or explanations, we can't help but to wonder what's going on. The word censorship naturally pops to mind.

But yeah, we like our moderators and we do our best to respect their decisions when we may not agree; howerver, in a way, it's our job to keep them accountable. Nothing wrong with asking questions about their reasons for decisions they make. In this case, politics (touchy subject) and the way the thread was going (getting personal) may have been the right move and most of us would be glad to accept it. Just let us know. :)

As followers, I think it's our job to test what our leaders say and do (whether it be pastors, politicians, moderators) and weigh everything with scripture, our minds/hearts and ppl we trust.
- Power + No Accountability = Corruption

And be respectful of the choices made by the moderators. They don't just delete something on a whim. They discuss and use their judgement for what they were put in place for. Do not send them multiple private pm's about how displeased you are and don't try to say that it is wrong here. Respect the decision.

Last edited:
for sure. just as long as everyone is on the same page :)

and if you feel like an explanation is needed...just ask politely and it will come. there's no secrecy in our leadership...we try to be as open as possible and continue to be that way. Honestly the officers in position right now are probable some of the best overall I've seen in a long time...good peeps.

Unfortunately, we all remain human and need to be held accountable. I think that we'll continue to work together on these little issues that pop up in an uplifting, Christian way. :D

Of course I wouldn't want anyone to follow any leadership blindly. My only request is that if you have questions don't ask them out of anger and don't do it publically...bring it to the leadership instead of out in the open for misunderstandings and assumptions to possibly be made. That's my only concern.

I also apologize if I've come accross harshly to anyone...I struggle with that in my posts sometimes and lately its just been more difficult because some personal feelings from RL are getting in the way. Again, I'm sorry....all I want is peace and respect in the forums. Not saying there wasn't any at all but I could see some lines almost being crossed at times. Everything's fine now, though...we are only human after all :)

Back