Thanksgiving!!!

ben777jil

So in my family it's kind of a tradition every year at this time to list some of the things you're thankful for and that God has done for you in the last year. So I was hoping that maybe over the next few days, in this bad economy and such that we just remember some of the things God has giving us.

So I guess What I'm asking would like is for you to just list some of the blessings God has given you this past year. I'll make it easy and go first =).

I'm thankful for old friends that I've kept in touch with, new friends that I'm still getting to know. A house over my head, a Job. (even though it's one I hate) I'm thankful for my family all still being here, and good health. I'm thankful for our God being in control during this time when it feels like no one really is. I'm thankful above all else, that I have a Savior who loves me.

See it's not really hard.

Though us Canadians were yet again ahead of you Americans with respect to our Thanksgiving, I'd like to list a few:

- Family
- Friends - close and far away
- the hope that is given in Romans 8:28 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

I'm thankful for the blessings God has given us, including food, clothing, work.
I myself am still in need of a job, but have been able to sell things here and there on the internet.... so I'm thankful for that.

And I'm thankful for the few friends I have (not an overly populated area, so e-friends being the majority) and our family. :)

I am thankful for my 3 beautiful kids and my wife, a job that keeps me too busy - as it is preferred over the alternative (thanks Adam for the perspective), thankful and humbled every time I get to 'lead' worship, amazing friends that offer support, discipline, joy, help, etc.

I am thankful for Canada and our relationship with the U.S. There are not too many countries in the world that could share so many close bonds and remain friends. I am thankful for The Forgiven and WoW...without which I wouldn't know many of you outstanding folks :)

I'm thankful that despite all of my faults, shortcomings, and poor choices, Christ paid it all for me on the Cross, and because of that I can do my best to live for Him.

I'm thankful that He gave a wife who believes the same thing.

I'm thankful for a family who raised me along His path.

I'm thankful for a wonderful sanctuary that I call home, and a wonderful family living in it (yes, I know they're only puppies and their fav thing to do is poop on the floor, but they're still family and we love them as such).

I'm thankful that I found a job that uses my God-given talents.

I'm thankful that because of the Tower of Babel in the Old Testament, we have ways of interpreting and understanding the language of Rhysism.

Eric

P.S. - Oh, yeah, almost forgot: Dr. Pepper & Egg Nog (but not at the same time)

I'm thankful that because of the Tower of Babel in the Old Testament, we have ways of interpreting and understanding the language of Rhysism.
HAHAHAHA thats AWESOME!

Last edited:
Back