Tera Online

Pheonix28

Slave to Christ.
Hello Everyone,

I haven't been here in years (according to the forums, my last login was March 31st, 2008!)

I am just getting back into gaming and started playing Tera Online and Diablo 3. I have added my battletag to the D3 thread.

I was wondering if anyone else plays Tera Online, or has any interest in the game?

I haven't seen anyone. I have a buddy from church who was asking if we had a guild there and I told him I would check. I think he would be interested in joining if there were interest.

I had heard about Tera before, so I visited the web site for the game and was less than impressed at the overabundance of cleavage. Usually, when a game throws cleavage in the player's face, it suggests they have very little of real substance to offer (much like that one free-to-play MMO with the embarrassing advertising campaign whose name now escapes me).

I'm definitely interested in more interesting combat in a MMO, but if the people promoting the game have so little faith in it that they have to resort to such juvenile measure, it doesn't give me much motivation to take the time, let alone spend the money, to try the game out.

I understand that marketing and development are two separate departments, but a red flag is a red flag. :(

I have not played this game myself but overall, what I seem to be getting out of what I have been reading and hearing is that the combat style was very fun, the graphics are absurdly beautiful, but the leveling is typical of Asian MMO grinds. No battlegrounds. Every man for himself style PvP (Maybe just on PvP servers?)

I agree with Tek on MMO's tendency to shamelessly push boobs in young men's faces. With my daughter growing up a gamer, we often have good talks about modesty and what we will and will not support.

Last edited:
There is a free trial on their website, I don't even think you have to download the game (if I remember correctly)...

I love the combat in the game. It's so different than any other mmo I've seen.

There are a lot of good things going for the game, so we'll see... I'd like to play with anyone though if anyone does play :)

I have not played this game myself but overall, what I seem to be getting out of what I have been reading and hearing is that the combat style was very fun, the graphics are absurdly beautiful, but the leveling is typical of Asian MMO grinds. No battlegrounds. Every man for himself style PvP (Maybe just on PvP servers?)

I agree with Tek on MMO's tendency to shamelessly push boobs in young men's faces. With my daughter growing up a gamer, we often have good talks about modesty and what we will and will not support.

My buddy said that the graphics were out of this world. He never talked about the combat system or the gratuitous use of cleavage. I tried the demo. No you don't have to download the client, it runs via java. However, every couple of minutes it would "recalibrate" because of a drop in bandwidth. At least that's what it said. YMMV.

Last edited:
Back