Teamspeak

TheRaven

We need help on teamspeak. I know i've asked before but this is turning into a major problem for us that play Guild Wars. We have trolls that invade our channels and no one that plays has admin permissions to kick.

Raven, I'll send a PM to Tek and see if we can't find a solution. I seem to remember you being some sort of admin back during the TS2 days. Would you be willing to do that again? If not for the sole reason of being a regular on TS that has the ability to defend herself?

Update:

There is this thread that popped up. If you post in there I'll make sure to have Josh give you the powers you need, Raven.

Edit edit:

Doh! Didn't realize its in the CGA Staff Forum, which you don't have access too. Anyway, the offer still stands, I'll just do all the work for ya ;)

Last edited:
I don't think i have the necessary skills to be an admin. I remember hearing that it involves understanding LINUX which I don't have much experience working with, but I would like to at least get kick power over the guild wars channels. Both Fire Walker and I had that on the ts2 server.

It was just extremely frustrating Saturday night. There were 6 of us in the channel. Fire Walker, Ursen, Bascom, Thwei, myself and a young child that was a friend of Bascom's from another game. We were in FoW trying to shelter 2 survivors when the trolls popped in and started causing trouble. Bascom and Thwei both said they had operator status and thought they could kick but neither had any rights. A few guys came down from one of the other channels but they couldn't do anything either. We just resorted to muting the trolls for the evening.

I know the Tribe of Judah leadership made the decision a while back to have our TS password kept public, but is that really wise? As Christians we are targets for the trolls and especially as word gets around the troll community that no one has the power on our server to protect ourselves the problem will only get worse.

According to Joshinator I now have the power to kick or ban. I haven't spent much time on TS lately but I'll plan to headset up when I am on - especially over the weekend.

If I can kill Rotscale and Cyndr, I can kill a troll.

No no no Raven, there's a difference between just being an admin and then being the SUPER admin, which would require learning linux and fun stuff like that. That's actually one reason why I stepped down from being TS server opperator because I didn't have the time to learn all that. As far as being an admin tho, it should be as simple as right clicking on a guy and then hitting kick or ban.

Since Abba is an admin now and they seem to have picked up on this, we'll see how it goes. If you're still having problems let me know and we'll get you powers

That's fine as long as Abba is on. He was online last night and we had no issues, but I'd still like a way to protect myself if he isn't online.

Ursen, Fire Walker and myself play almost everyday. It would be nice if at least one of us had kick power in the guild wars channels and Ursen is an officer in the guild so he would be a good candidate.

I'd also like some advice on what we can do when an admin isn't available. Do we have any options at all open to us except just leaving TS? Bascom mentioned the ability to set up an "invite only" private channel, but i don't know how to do that.

What?:eek: Power to kick? Nooooooooo I'm not mean enough. On second thought, Bwha ha ha ha, gimmee a ban hammer.;)

I believe it would be an ele spell - similar to the smiter's banish only instant death.

oh - oh - I just noticed this is my 4,000th post.

i'm in LION and we had this problem not 10min ago, got flooded with trolls named "jesus was a ****" and "**** jesus" I mean seriously...not trying to be power-hungry, but I was an officer in the alliance prior...would at least GW channel admin powers be too much to ask to to help avoid future problem? The friend (also in LION) I was playing with has severe migraines and a flood of trolls makes it worse.

Yes, we really need help with Teamspeak. I spoke with STC in pm a few days ago and he said he'd talk to Josh about getting me kick powers, but so far nothing has been done.

Our main problem is that the only folks with admin rights are also the ones that never have time for video games anymore so they are rarely around to step in and help when problems occur.

This happens often enough now that the word has gotten around the troll community that this is a Christian run public server with no admins. They know they can come here and harass us whenever they want and there is nothing we can do about it. Frankly that makes me very angry! I've made several threads on this topic over the years and I've been either been ignored or told to just let the officers handle matters. That's fine if you can find an officer, but what are we supposed to do if one isn't around?

I've asked before and never gotten an answer. Why is our ts password public? It should be kept hidden so that only Tribe of Judah members can use the server.

An update:

Last night Ursen and I were on Teamspeak and we saw Tek and Josh online in another channel. We basically went up and cornered them.

....2 hours later, Ursen Bascom and myself have channel admin powers over all the GW channels on Teamspeak.

AJ, Josh said that he'll give you admin rights if STC approves. He wants everything to go thru the chapter leaders and said he'll leave it up to STC to say who in our game should have admin rights and who shouldn't.

Hopefully now this will solve our troll issue. A big thanks to Tek and Josh for spending much of their evening with us last night working on these issues!

I sent Josh a PM a couple days ago to give you guys admin rights, but things take a while. I'm glad you guys cornered Tek tho and strong armed him. That's the best way to get things done ;)

Ban Hammer, whoo hoo. And Bascom I forgive you for kicking me, BUT I won't forget. :p

Back