Team Omega Naxxramus Roll Call

At least it's not buggy like when they first put in raid dungeons....it was a 50/50 shot whether or not you'd all end up in the same instance when you zoned in...

They plan to fix it by a decision box showing up when you are about to enter a saved instance, confirming you want to enter. Implementation date = ? but I have seen screen shots.

Maybe that will be coming with 3.1 since screenshots would suggest it's playable (maybe on PTR) though who knows when 3.1 will come too. One issue I still have with this run is that we can't seem to get more than 5 people consistently (as in same people from week to week). The biggest spot is the second healer that is always up in the air. Maybe 3.1 will help that because people who usually are DPS have an easier way to spec healing.

Unfortunately, it will bring a lot who "think" they can heal just cause they got a fancy new spec option as well......that is something which will eventually work itself out though.

Unfortunately, it will bring a lot who "think" they can heal just cause they got a fancy new spec option as well......that is something which will eventually work itself out though.

I predict that dual-spec will bring with it a lot of lousy playing, loot drama, and general suckiness. And I predict that a month from now people will be calling it Blizzard's best move ever. And they might be right.

I'm already calling it their best move ever.

In the ID raids that I attend, we have the concept of Main- and Off-spec when rolling on loot. Main-spec is defined as the spec you were agreed to play when you were invited to the raid. Usually this is unspoken, but we do have a few people who swing between tanking, dps, and healing. Main-spec rolls get priority, and if there are no Main-spec rolls, then it goes to Off-spec rolls.

I don't think this will change after 3.1. Each player is still going to have their "Main-spec" that they use, all that is different is that you now can switch to your offspec build easier.

A problem might arise though Alan if someone goes into the raid on what they consider their "off-spec". A pali who usually tanks was asked to heal for a raid, so he goes in as holy, but his "main spec" is prot so he wants to roll on prot gear

To get back to the original intent of this topic, are all the slot in the Omega team filled yet? If not I would like to sign up JustinPeace in a DPS slot. Let me know.

Thanks!

Just an FYI for tomorrow. I was going to try and fill in for Bob while he was away this week but I will be unable to attend. I'm basically not going to be on WoW until about next Sunday.

For those who don't know Bob typically OTs that run and so they will probably be one short tomorrow night if someone else is interested.

W00T!

Really nice work last night (4/27) in Naxx!

Two "new" quarters down for Team Omega - Construct (Thadd was a piece of cake) and Military. Very smooth run with no trash wipes - thanks to Jason for "tanking" in Military on a monster pull... Our strat for the Four Horsemen worked very well -> one-shotted. Patch, Grobbulus, Instructor Raz, Gothik, and the Grand Widow down in one shot as well. We "almost" finished 3 quarters with a wipe on Maexxna and calling it due to the time.

Thanks to all who came. Getting down 3 quarters in one run is what my original goal for this group was. Now if we could get more consistency of attendees... :D

Either way, I'm really pleased with the run and had a blast. (Always love a good guild run). Don't forget Heroic Naxx next Monday and I'm still looking to get a look at the new Vault boss on Friday...

Grats :) getting closer to Sapphiron who holds the key to EOE (And quest reward for killing Malygos is a lvl 213 item)

Naxx Has Been Cleared!!

Gratz to a fine Team Omega Naxx single night (4.5 hour) clear of Naxx! Thanks also to Faustblade, Rosalind, and Daire of the Arctic Raiders for joining us. It was getting late (over 30 minutes after start time) and I was getting ready to call it. Faust whispered me back on my SGA request and filled out our raid. Big thanks to Jacki who came in late on Fidelene to heal for the last two bosses.

We cruised easily through Construct Quarter, Military (one wipe), Plague, and almost wiped on Anub'Rekhan and ended up downing him with half the raid. Single shotted Sapphiron and a two-shot of Kel'Thuzad. Great teamwork and effort leading to a couple of achievements as well. We picked up "The Safety Dance" (after wiping twice) and "Make Quick Werk of Him" getting Patch down in under 3 minutes. Everyone got some sort of Phat Epik Lewt too and gratz to Jason for winning the key to EoE. Malygos, we are putting you on notice...

Next week is our bi-weekly run of Heroic Naxx (so sign up already), but who knows what the following week (5/25) holds in store? Malygos, Ulduar, or even Hogger? :eek:

Just an FYI:

A friend of mine that I haven't seen in about a year is in town. So I am going to get some dinner with them. I will try to be online at the start time(it's 8:30 pm for me on the east coast so I shouldn't be late). If I am not on at the start time I will be on soon after. Feel free to give my spot away if it is slowing down the group.

Just an FYI:

A friend of mine that I haven't seen in about a year is in town. So I am going to get some dinner with them. I will try to be online at the start time(it's 8:30 pm for me on the east coast so I shouldn't be late). If I am not on at the start time I will be on soon after. Feel free to give my spot away if it is slowing down the group.
Thanks for the heads up JJ. We'll hold your spot until at least 8:31PM (6:31PM Server). :p

Does anyone have an idea of what the minimum amount of people are to start doing trash pulls in the different areas for 10 and 25 man naxx? Is one good healer enough to start on trash? Or one good tank?

When starting we often have a period where we are waiting for a few last spots to be filled up but the majority of the raid is there. If we are at 9 people and waiting for a 10th in 10 man, having 2 to summon at the portal still gives us 7 people who can be working on trash towards the first boss assuming we don't have a warlock. Is 6 or 7 people enough to start downing that stuff? Which trash are harder/easier? How many healers do we need to keep tanks alive for trash?

I would rather spend the extra time making sure everyone knows a fight, or getting in one more attempt on a boss than waiting for 1-2 people in 10, and maybe up to 4-5 in 25 man if that is possible.

We have not only done trash pulls with 1 good healer in 10 man, but we pretty much killed the first spider boss with 1 healer. You can start clearing 10 man trash with 6-8 ppl and some groups do the instance with less than 10. I know we have killed some bosses in there with 8-9.

Back