TEAM FORTRESS 2 COMING SOON!!!

Oh, Valve has teased me so cruelly so many times before, how can I believe them now?

I think they should rename the project "Wolf," then rename their company "The Boy Who Cried."

atleast valve gives their products time to develop instead of releasing junk...not many major game companies that dont just cut the product on the deadline

Bah! I don't like the new skins! I hope the gameplay is still CTF and the other fun little things they had...

Here are the trailers for both Team Fotress 2 and the new Portal game both are supose to come with Half Life 2: Episode 2 from what I've read. TF2 could be cool, and that portal demo looks pretty amazing, hope they can pull off some really trippy gameplay.

TF2

Portal

Mr. Tek said:
Did the TF2 trailer remind anyone else of Pixar's The Incredibles, or was it just me?

I haven't watched the trailers yet, but the screenshot I posted (or background) did. I thought it looked like a pixar movie, but I couldn't think of which exactly.

The art style is very much like The Incredibles, but the game looks like a ton of fun to me.

That Portal game looks like the best part of the package to me, I'd rather have it then Episode 2 itself. I wonder if I'll be able to buy it seperately.

That art style does look like a cartoon. I don't like it! Why can't they stick with the original type skins, enhanced of course. Looks like I'll have to stick with the Team Fortress Foreve mod that Tek posted a link to...that looks tons better then "Team Fortress 2".

Portal on the other hand looks like it will be tons of fun!

team242.jpg

I'm less concerned with art style than gameplay. If they hold to the same "essence" of TeamFortress Classic, then I don't mind (and may even come to like) the cartoon-y style.

I think cartoony is the way to go for a game that was never terribly realistic to begin with. I think Counterstrike could benefit from the same treatment. Realism works best in games like America's Army and the Battlefield series, in my opinion.

After thinking about it and watching that video a couple of times, I think it has grown on me. Although I am still slightly dissapointed, I still hope the gameplay is the same!

2FORT FTW!

Back