SWTOR $39.99 for the rest of the day.

Now the question is if its worth the $39.99...I am not sure how I weigh in on that, looking back.

Isn't that true for most MMOs for you? I think for $40 its great just for the storylines and gameplay. I see it similar to MF2 (mass effect) placed in the star wars universe.

What? :p I can't be unsure?
I think that given the opportunity to do it again, I would drop $40 to experience the stories, they were really well done.

Isn't that true for most MMOs for you?

Hmm maybe-maybe not, Last titles I paid for were Aion, Rift, Warhammer, and Cataclysm, and I feel strongly that all were worth the cost. Most are very good games that gave me a lot of enjoyment. (I have returned multiple times to all of them) It is most of these F2P games that are not holding my interest, but since they are free, they are worth it too.

I'm staring at my collectors box for Warhammer here....so sad how that went, but would pay it again!

Last edited:
Haha, I am not very picky, I played Hello Kitty Online to about lvl 10, no joke. That is 9 levels more then most people can handle. I consider myself a MMO connoisseur.

Last edited:
Haha, I am not very picky, I played Hello Kitty Online to about lvl 10, no joke. That is 9 levels more then most people can handle. I consider myself a MMO connoisseur.

lol I concur. You are awesome. Actually I've been thinking about game longevity recently. What is the spark that drives us to a new game (thread hijacking incoming) and what keeps us in the game? I wonder if we change games frequently because we are comparing it to that "perfect game" from the wonder years (ala, DAOC or whatever) and nothing ever lives up to that expectation or features (RvR? anyone?).

For me, the best thing about the game isn't that it's perfect but that it's fun and the most fun I have is playing with fellow CGA and ToJ members. I love this site and the community. It rocks.

That being said, you only have a few more hours to pick up SWTOR for $40 bucks. Do it. :)

I've been thinking about game longevity recently. What is the spark that drives us to a new game (thread hijacking incoming) and what keeps us in the game? I wonder if we change games frequently because we are comparing it to that "perfect game" from the wonder years (ala, DAOC or whatever) and nothing ever lives up to that expectation or features (RvR? anyone?).

For me, the best thing about the game isn't that it's perfect but that it's fun and the most fun I have is playing with fellow CGA and ToJ members. I love this site and the community. It rocks.

I think ADD and ADHD is inherent in many gamers. I've seen it a few times where people will play a game practically 24/7, max out their character in a month, then get bored. I've seen people do it in GW, Aion, Rift and now SWTOR. Also, many people are inherently negative and will find something to complain about. People aren't perfect and therefore games aren't perfect. If Jesus developed games, then we'd have a perfect game.

I enjoy playing SWTOR. I like leveling multiple characters and enjoying each storyline. I don't like PvP (read: getting ganked by jerks 15 levels above me while I'm trying to do a quest or find a datacron) which is why I haven't been on Warriors of the Shadow much. I've done zero warzones. I've been really enjoying the Republic side and leveling my Sage, Sentinel and Commando. I even like the Space battles, despite all the QQ about them in various forums. I enjoy playing with fellow ToJ and CGA members, but I'm generally the only one online on the Republic side. Sometimes one or two will show up later at night, but then I'm usually logging off.

Some people have complained about bugs, but I've only encountered one main dialog bug on my IA. I haven't found the game to be buggy. I signed up for a six month subscription to fully vet the game. I may or may not resub, but at least I'll have been around for various patches and updates to see how they improve the game.

I think you are probably right, Lloren, people are trying to compare it to their "perfect" game from long ago and drop off when they don't find it. That, and the ADD :p

Pft. I have a lvl 85 Paladin in hello kitty! Or was it that other game that they turned into child play...

Back