Sweet!

Lol, you guys beat me to it. :)

Welcome welcome welcome, and yes this will be sweet, it will be fun, and most importantly it will be a chance for you guys and gals to practice your creative writing skills.

Paul

That's what games like Guild wars are for! And Counterstrike of course, which I've never played but want to. :)

Paul

I got bored with counterstrike, I managed to get in the top 30 in christian cs's big server. I guess that sorta happens when you play cs 12 hours a day for a week..

the nice thing is it is fairly hard to be graphic while writing. usually it doesnt become a issue unless you deal with sexual topics..

Yea, I don't expect people will be trying to post sexually inappropriate stuff too much. I think borderline or abbreviated cussing will be more of an issue, just as it has been lately in Alliance Chat. :(

Paul

vibrokatana said:
the nice thing is it is fairly hard to be graphic while writing. usually it doesnt become a issue unless you deal with sexual topics..

or gorey descriptions which i used to want to implant in mine until i accepted Christ and realized what i was doing :eek:

dorkelf said:
I think borderline or abbreviated cussing will be more of an issue, just as it has been lately in Alliance Chat.

interesting that you point this out... today i had a run-in i don't think was remotely acceptable by anyone in our alliance, and yet nobody really seemed to care >.>

Amicus Dei of [FoG];177253 said:
interesting that you point this out... today i had a run-in i don't think was remotely acceptable by anyone in our alliance, and yet nobody really seemed to care >.>

Yea, I was the guy who whispered you at the time. I certainly cared - I pm'ed the offending party with a warning and made sure his guild leader was notified. I wouldn't say nobody cared just because they didn't say so over alliance chat. And keep in mind, LOTS of people keep alliance chat turned off for exactly that reason...

Paul

i see...

hats off to the caring person! woo!

okay soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...
is this forum also for... possibly... our own pieces? eh? wot?

Oh yea, definitely. Its a general writing forum in addition to a contest. Feel free to post stuff, but just be ready for a little honest critiquing. ;)

Something is already happening, aka the writing contest. Check out the other posts for details and pm me with any questions.

Paul

just be ready for a little honest critiquing. ;)

[negatively] Critics... *glares*

too bad i plan on having my book, Eldenroth: The Mages' Tribunal, to go public because i recently finished it, so i will refrain from showing it off here...

that's hard to refrain... :p

i started the sequal already, i think i'll call it Eldenroth: The Kingdom of Aran.
i may give a preview using the first book's Prelude.....

Prelude and first chapter would be fantastic. So glad you finished it - you can provide inspiration for those of us who never seem to get any novel finished. :)

Paul

hmm... so you want the whole idea eh?

okidoke, and i'll add the second book's prelude and first chapter also...

the beginning of book 2 goes hand-in-hand with all of book 1, it's like a side story about a character you never heard of again after Ch. 1, book 1.

Making new thread for my booooooooooooooooook!

Back