Surplus/Fatigue hit me already?

Xaris

I need some help understanding this please.

I have read all about fatigue so that I thought I understood it. I read the interviews Famitsu and the one on Zam with Komoto. In theory I should be able to play one job roughly a laid back 8 hrs before hitting the 0%threshold right? If I get hardcore about it I may hit the threshold earlier, say in 6hrs before the job exp gets nerfed bad. So really, the fatigue system is not about how many hours per job you are able to play before yielding exp penalties, but is more designed around how much exp in total in one week you are aloud to have per job. So if i hit the exp wall with one job, np, I'll change jobs and start to lvl another one.

Here is my problem:
I am now physical 11, conj 6, lance 5, arch 5, and bot 8. I began playing 3 days ago on Monday night. I started with conj and got to lvl 3 and then began botany, followed by lance and arch. As of tonight, I can no longer gain any exp on my conj at all - stuck. However I am able to continue to gain exp on my Botany job. I have played my bot job longer and gained more exp than my conj, yet I am not able to lvl my conj at all suddenly. I managed tonight to lvl arch to lvl 5 in a matter of 20 mins (it happened way to fast and easy). So how is it that I managed to hit this wall with my conj and not my other jobs (esp Botany) since I have played them all for different amounts of time and in one case got more lvls? Am I missing something about the fatigue system?

I bought a new weap for the conj (Ash Cane), but that should not matter right? I tried leve quests and they yield nothing for my conj, but exp for the other jobs. I tired grinding, and the same results. I tried fighting lower lvl mobs and higher lvl ones and in different areas and all the same results.

Has anyone else experienced this? Did I do something somewhere unknowingly that may cause differences to job lvling? Is it possible to lvl a job in basically one sitdown session of 2 hours (that is about in total the amount of time I have played my conj) to the point of 0 exp gain - yet not be able to do this to other jobs?

Do any of you understand what I am trying to communicate, because I just re-read all this and not sure I understand what I am saying. But just know that I managed to hit fatigue with a job in almost less than 2 hrs, yet it is not happening on my other jobs. Any insight would be appreciated?

You are no where near close enough to hit fatigue...it is actually 15 straight hours before you hit 0%...I know NO ONE who has hit even the first drop in EXP threshold... They made it very hard to reach it...

Again you are no where close to it...and will probably never see it...

The issue with Conjurer not gaining EXP is a bug... :p ...Jon has been having issues with that as well as myself... :(

If you think you might not understand the fatigue system, watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abE09-tqhoM

EDIT: It looks as they might have fixed that issue: http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/news/detail?newsId=0e1cf4484f2fae8d0609bbee17ee94f60fa6524c

- Implemented a countermeasure for an issue which prevented players from gaining skill points during battle.

Last edited:
great to know Xion. Thanks for replying. If fatigue was this easy to reach that would really curb alot of my playing. I figured something was messed up with the conj but could not find an answer anywhere, so I was only left with the possibility of fatigue.

Edit: Issue fixed as of update today

Last edited:
Back