Stupidest AI you have seen?

vibrokatana

Ok, we all know the AI tend to be rather dumb in games. Some more then others, some would even qualify for the darwin awards several multitudes over if they were a living being. But sometimes it is rather funny to see the results of their actions.

The Vegas 2 pile up:

I dont have a screenshot but i was playing Smash Bros Brawl last night and attempting the 15-minute Brawl.. I got to about 9 mins remaining and i had 4 enemies onscreen.. I killed 3 to leave one..

For whatever reason no more spawned and the solitary remaining enemy just kept walking back and forth on a platform almost falling off.. he did make a lunge for me every now and then but all i had to do was kirby-float out the way...

Achievement completed :D

Um I like in games when the AI runs away IN A STRAIGHT LINE and I've got a sniper scope. No ducking behind cover or anything.

I was thinking of a thread like this, ever since an overpowered Yu-Gi-Oh AI, lost to me. :mad:

Personally, I hate AI, friendlies and foes.

Friendlies are stupid and foes are cheaters.

Playing Yu-Gi-Oh! GX: The Beginning of Destiny on PS2.

AI had a fusion monster with 2400 attack, I had one 1000 att/def on defense mode and one 2400 att/1200 def on attack mode.

Its fusion monster special is that it can turn a monster card and flip them attack/def depending on their previous position but must put 1 card from hand to graveyard. AI had 4 cards in hand and used 1 card from hand to graveyard and flipped my strongest monster in defense mode.

When AI did that, I knew I lost, then AI repeats it 3 times!

AI wasted 4 cards just to make my strongest monster in defense mode twice.

In the end, AI fusion monster card attacked my 1000 att/def monster card and on my turn, I got a magic card that increased my strongest monster attack by 500 points and lowering the AI's monster attack by half.

And my opponent was Chazz Princeton.

Sorry for the long gaming intro, if I could record it, I would of shown it here.

Also, I played Marvel Vs Capcom 2 on easy, I lost badly. The AI seems to be offensive on easy and defensive on hard.

I was thinking of a thread like this, ever since an overpowered Yu-Gi-Oh AI, lost to me. :mad:

Personally, I hate AI, friendlies and foes.

Friendlies are stupid and foes are cheaters.

Playing Yu-Gi-Oh! GX: The Beginning of Destiny on PS2.

AI had a fusion monster with 2400 attack, I had one 1000 att/def on defense mode and one 2400 att/1200 def on attack mode.

Its fusion monster special is that it can turn a monster card and flip them attack/def depending on their previous position but must put 1 card from hand to graveyard. AI had 4 cards in hand and used 1 card from hand to graveyard and flipped my strongest monster in defense mode.

When AI did that, I knew I lost, then AI repeats it 3 times!

AI wasted 4 cards just to make my strongest monster in defense mode twice.

In the end, AI fusion monster card attacked my 1000 att/def monster card and on my turn, I got a magic card that increased my strongest monster attack by 500 points and lowering the AI's monster attack by half.

And my opponent was Chazz Princeton.

Sorry for the long gaming intro, if I could record it, I would of shown it here.

Also, I played Marvel Vs Capcom 2 on easy, I lost badly. The AI seems to be offensive on easy and defensive on hard.

Well uh maybe you shouldn't play Yu Gi Oh

:p

Well uh maybe you shouldn't play Yu Gi Oh

:p

I like card games such as Yu-Gi-Oh, Solitaire and Poker.

I'm very annoyed with the bad advertisement of the game being 2-Players when the fact its 1-Player Vs 1 COM or 1-Player with 1 COM vs 2 COMS.

Still, I hate AIs as allies.

In Resident Evil: OB#2, I put the game on Unlimited Ammo and Very Hard and picked all the characters (including me) starting with a .45 pistol.

They couldn't do their objectives, they helped me half the time and they pathetically got their torso sliced by the mid-boss close to the end of the level, EotR.

I did manage to beat the game, which is so obviously with Unlimited Ammo.

Oddly, the AI's were slightly better in Resident Evil: OB; objective wise.

Still, I hate AIs as allies.

Ughhhh half life 2 allies are the awful norm. Stay behind me and don't get killed, I said stay behind me and don't get killed!... alright fine run in front of me and die -_-. The "team" commands are frustrating because they come running back in 2 seconds no matter what you do. Then if you do keep them alive (I hate having my people die in games :/) it becomes "I need to get by you to get that health pack and ammo, ugghh, squeeze, squeeze, pardon me Mr Freeman, squeeze, squeeze" over and over -_-.

Now I will always remember Red Faction as having stupid AI that was funny :). At one point you get a jeep and can run down enemies with it. Seeing you coming the AI would make enemies run a certain distance away then turn and attack. What you got was an enemy screaming in fear one second, then immediately upon getting a certain distance close to him he would turn and fire bravely yelling die rebel but as the distance changed he would continually switch back and forth :p. The topper was the silly physics of the jeep made it seem like you were driving on a bounce house at times while actually running down the enemies made this oh so satisfying crunching sound. The jeep had a back mounted gun too... but I never used it hehe :p.

Last edited:
The AI Pathfinding on Total Annihilation whenever you exceeded 20,000 units would always go to the goats.

All your tanks would be lined up behind a rock.

The AI Pathfinding on Total Annihilation whenever you exceeded 20,000 units would always go to the goats.

All your tanks would be lined up behind a rock.

I saw something like that in Red Alert 2.

I told my Navy Seal to go to "plant charges" at the Soviets building. Apparently, it decide to take the longer way by swimming through the entire lake. :confused:

Guild Wars Henchmen. The Heroes are decent, but the henchmen are complete fools.

Watches Healer class start to attack melee class. Melee creature kills the tank that got it's attention. Healer tries to revive tank with a five second cast... Melee creature kills the Healer. Nuker is off somewhere picking his nose.

My first month of GW two years ago was not the best first impression. :p

Half-Life 2 squad members. How lame were those. "Sorry, Gordon. Excuse me, Gordon. I'm blocking the door for the 23rd time, Gordon. Send me into Combines, Gordon."

Pathfinding in CnC:Generals. A nice force of Crusader tanks bumper to bumper, just ripe for an enemy Particle Cannon. T__T

Clueless people in TF2. The enemy Spy is on FIRE, STABBING FOLKS, and everyone is ignoring him. Bleh.

Last edited:
Guild Wars Henchmen. The Heroes are decent, but the henchmen are complete fools.

haha.. i was waiting for Henchies to get in here. And sometimes my heroes aren't too bright either. This is from Reyna a henchman in GW.
reynaya1.jpg

You know you have a good game when they mock their own bad AI. ;)
(They changed it so its better now.. but still.. it was funny)

Back