Strat Timer, Epic mount Strategy

Woven

So, we have done this twice now so I thought I'd give some advice for those who want to try.
It's very fun. 25 minutes to kill the extra boss near the end of the run,100% drop rate on epic flyer.

1st) You need to have *good* dps..pref 2 who can do some type of aoe, but at the very least 1. If your dps is under or around 1k, forget it. (unless others can make up for it) A nicely geared tank/good healer. Bring a flask if gear is iffy.

2nd) A smart group who knows how to manage their resources.
Make sure loot rules are efficient ...You will not have time to discuss loot. Proper management of specials and trinkets helps.

3rd) Whenever Arthas needs to be triggered do it fast. He eats up time blabbing.
When you start, move down to the first *elite* spawn location. After you kill the first boss, you have to wait a few seconds for the next wave to spawn. After you kill the second boss, run towards Arthas' starting area and trigger him. After you kill the 3rd boss immediately speak to Arthas. When he opens the book case, have everyone go and start pulling except one person who will trigger Arthas again. The next gauntlet can be hectic.. Arthas will reach a point midway and stop to give you a break. Do not stop, keep pulling. The extra boss is to the left of Arthas' final stop (He stops to give you time to prepare for the final boss fight, skip the last boss and head to the left of where Arthas stops for the extra boss)

We have gotten to the extra boss twice with 2 & 5 minutes to spare.
He is an easy fight, tank and spank.

Remember he must die before the timer expires or he leaves through the portal.

Last edited:
I am interested on doing this run with Kagnus. I have done this run on my horde mage successfully with pretty much the strategy explained above (and even won the drake on my first run :D )

Back