Story and plot in MMO

Nazgul

I was reading some threads about the plot of TOR and comparing it to WoW. I dont play WoW so I wasnt interested in that but what did intrest me is the fact that almost everyone thought that the PLots in MMO's were secondary and was not paid attention to in any raids and such as the quest was just clicked on and off you go, some peolpe not reading the dialogue. I personly want to play TOR because I like the story I love star wars and the first two games and want to know what happens not just how fast I can level. What are your thoughts?

Aother thing I was thinking about is how will they explain the number of npc companions that are the same? and what about conflcting chacters, so if im questing with a dark side player and im running light side, will chacters argue over deccisions?

LOL this is what happens when I have free time.

The companions just disappear and are not addressed at all. They are there as a pet most the time but for most of the dialogs they are mysteriously absent.

It would be neat if the story choices took into account dark side and light fighting, but I doubt they will go that far with dialogue options.

The story is noticeably better then other mmos but voice acting telling me to go kill 15 mobs is still "go kill 15 mobs" I pretty much cancel them so I can get going with the kill quest.

Last edited:
You'll find that the class story quests are far more interesting than some of the other MMO typical 'kill quests'. The other thing you'll notice is that even the quests to go 'explore a cave' or 'find an npc', that are fully voice dialogued, will also include optional secondary quests given to you when you enter a specific area. These are typically kill quests or bonus quests for killing extra mobs in a kill quest.

I wonder how they will explain a milion of the same companion pes walking around...hope you can give them there own weapons and armour.

Back