Steps to clean keyloggers or trojans -- suggestions?

Tsawdak

here's what i've done so far. any further suggestions are welcome. i REALLY don't want to reformat and install again. ugh. i just did that 2 or 3 months ago.

1. Norton AV complete scan
2. AdAware
3. SpyBot
4. Stinger
5. Uninstalled the GuildWar utility programs.
6. A couple programs i don't know their name that look for key loggers.

All suggestions welcome. Other than reformatting drive. LOL

Do you have a firewall? There's various things you could do to prevent/detect with one. block any traffic that's to/from any port that you don't need to be using. Or set it up to log any incomming/outgoing connection, and reboot your comp and start up guild wars, and see what connections are made, or just review the log periodically to see if there's any "suspicious" connections. Or do a periodic "netstat -A" and look for any suspcious connections.

I'd also look at the currently running processes and make sure everything looks OK, but that's pretty much already taken care of by the other programs you've already used.

Or you could reformat, as you mentioned :) Certainly the "best" option, in terms of making sure your system is clean, but definitely a pain. Speaking of which.. It's been *way* too long since I cleaned/organized/backed up my hard drives and reformatted. ugh!

Back