Star Wars The Old Republic

Alias

I know I am an unfamiliar face to many of you... but I used to be someone important. I haven't played WoW for a couple years now but I am planning to pick up Old Republic - the new Star Wars MMO when it comes out December 20, 2011!

I wanted to see if any of my old TF buddies were thinking the same thing so that we might connect on the same server and stuff. I'll keep you posted on my progress in getting started, but toss up a note here if you are planning to try it out as well

Maybe if someone bought it for his brother for Christmas or something...I think I would like to try it at least. Can hardly call myself a Star Wars fan otherwise.

Looks like it might be a hot item this Christmas. I'm at least interested in playing it a few times, not sure about buying it though.

There was a person spouting about it in Trade channel last night so I mentioned "Then I'll just take your gold cuz you won't need it anymore!" - He sent me a whisper and said he'll gladly give me everything he has in WoW on release day of SWToR. Made me chuckle then he kept on by sending me a link to the webpage, and telling me the current stats are showing almost 50% of WoW players are planning on leaving and going to SWToR. I'd love to see where he found that *giggling* but I also don't want to shun the game before even seeing what it is about. Honestly it seems like every massive budgeted game goes through this cycle: The next game to replace WoW - everyone will love it! Then they flop out into non-existence.

On the logical side of things I have only played this game for about 19 months so i am no where near bored and ready to move on. Opinions?

the game play demos I'v seen feel a lot like WoW... but with lightsabers...

There are some nice features I've read about (see: companions and crew skills) and it doesn't seem to have wasted development time with a lot of unnecessary aesthetic features (like houses and junk). I'm not proclaiming this to be the death of WoW but I think it has a shot to legitimately compete.

while I can not say or not wether I am in the beta I can "imagine" its a very cool game. But wow is so much more than gameplay now, its very much social. I log on not only to play but to interact with friends in guild and we are an online fellowship as well. WoW is just home for me with all the friends and family. The game is just a plus.

Sounds fun, looks cool. I have time only for one game, and my friends in Christ play WoW. That is all. :D

Going to start by saying I don't care much about the SW universe, not a hater, just not too interested.

I have played in the beta for SWTOR and there are some really nice things and some things that are not so cool. One thing that kind of bugs me is the voice acting. There is no "quickly go grab a quest" in this game. Every quest you take has some interactive video to it where you have to answer the NPC. EVERY QUEST. The questing itself is really nice, easy to find where you need to go using the map.

The abilities are pretty cool so far (I played the Sith Inquisitor) and it's nice that you can track class trainers on the map, mouse over them and it'll tell you if there are new things to learn from the trainer.

Can't comment on the graphic since my card isn't the best. Waiting for Guild Wars 2 before I get a new video card.

Had the beta for well over a week now but the installer still just crashes for me, never had an issue with any other game so just taking that as a sign :)

Hey guys, sorry to jump in the conversation. I'm one of the additions to Tribes of Judah and saw this topic and came to see what y'all have been talking about.

Viglundr, hit me up on PM. I might be able to help you with your launcher issue since I'm also in the beta.

Well next time I tried launching the game it just worked, installed fine and is working great. No idea what was causing it to fail in the beginning.

So far its interesting, I like the way crafting is for sure. Played a Jedi (up to 12) and a Trooper (up to 15) so far, liking the trooper style more, has some nice firepower on him, he has some guns that would make Tom's Hunter drool :p

Star Wars MMO

David and I are going to do a trial of it in December and are considering playing it alongside WoW, depending how well we like it. (We are not planning to quit WoW, as we love it here, but we may split our time between the two games).

Please keep us posted if there's a TF group going to play (especially if its Sith), as we'd love to join you all! I'm really wanting to try out a Sith Inquisitor.

I tried the Sith Inq and Bounty Hunter during my beta test. Took a while but eventually Sith Inq got a little fun close to level 10. Bounty Hunter was pure awesome from the start, so fun running around shooting stuff and with all the stun shots, people don't get to you too often.

When Nathan got into one of their big test weekends, he had me install it on my computer since he stays here on the weekends. We tried out a few different classes and enjoyed all of them. I like that although the starting zones for some classes are the same (trooper/smuggler) they have unique class quests/stories for them. didn't get very far (lvl 11 was highest) but the starting zones were fun.

In case anyone decides to join an old time TFer in The Old Republic, look for my Jedi Thummim on the Perlemian Trade Route server.

I am loving the class story line and there are a lot of great features. Hope to see some of you there

Randy and I are playing SWTOR also. We're playing Republic on the Juyo server. There's a Christian guild there called Knights of the Cross.

Back