Star Trek Online

This one looks interesting, but I'm kind of skeptical how it will turn out. It will have a niche in the market at first, but I don't see it lasting very long, unfortunately.

I hope you are wrong. I too have been keeping up with ST Online, and I think it has great potential, if they do it right. Being an altoholic, I have no problem playing two games with equal time.

I hope I'm wrong, too...could have great potential and a lot of lore/backstory to support it.

I keep comparing it to Tabula Rasa in my head, though, as a game with a great design and a lot of potential that just didn't seem to catch on. I enjoyed Tabula Rasa, but I don't think it will stick around long.

Games based on movies tend to not do well.

But this is an MMO... and on Star Trek...

Trekkies will love it I thinkg.

Well, I only have room in my life for one sci-fi MMO so, hopefully, this one or the new SW one will be great and the other will stink. I will have to try them both to know for sure, of course.

I hope they will at least do a 10-day trial, or even a 3-day trial so we can see what we think. As far as catching on or not, I'm afraid Janc may be right.

I want to play the little furry fluffball class (can't remember their names), I heard they are totally op!

:)

Yeah, but when you roll a tribble it forces you to roll 17 alts of the same class.

Of course, if it turns out to be Tree's favorite class, he may see that as a good thing.

Back