Sorry I quit

The Mighty Gerbil

Tribe of Judah TF 2 Chapter Leader & CGA Admin
Staff member
Our survival multiplayer server is just not fun anymore. When people instantly generate massive changes anything I build can't compete with that. I liked working on my area, just grinding to take my mind of of life problems and in the hope of creating something impressive, partially by it's size, but people are just going to think I insta-made it. It's just I play differently than anyone else and I was a fool to think anyone would play like me a mistake I've made time and again.

Also the structures I made are meant for public use and were done so with the thought people would change them if needed but it's also become clear people have different ideas on what functions best and is ascetically pleasing. Some changes are better than mine others are not. People also apparently have different ideas about what constitutes building to close to another person. I am most certainly not mad at no one and hope to see many of you on TF2 but I don't want to cause problems or hurt peoples feelings so I think it's best I go as odd man out. Feel free to nuke my house or take my huge stockpile of stuff or whatever. I've removed any signs pertaining to me and the space will probably be taken without a second thought. I still think Minecraft is a good game and I am sad to leave it. I'm not sure what I will do with it with no where I'd rather play it. I still have an extra unused premium copy to sell too.

Last edited:
Moderation is the key to sucess.

Don't quit. Scale back.

The server is still fun and there is plenty to do. The world is growing larger and larger by the day. Find a place way out in the middle of nowhere and start Gerbiltown.

I build pretty much the same way you do. Even on single player when I started I refused to use an editor to gain stuff like diamond to make building easy. I started my building in the middle of nowhere and now I have two neighbors very close and two more very near. But I continue.

Nothing is perfect, we must accept the things we don't like so we can continue to enjoy the things we do. That being said, if you leave we'll all be sad but I'll still kill you in TF2.

Gerbs, go to Rift! Do eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Or craft us some more awesome TF2 maps! You can do eeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

I agree that generating things cheapens the game, and that changing areas should be discussed more,
(I had half a mind to keep the temp map going because players seemed to like the change of scenery)
also agree that there needs to be more respect among players (and admins miss the mark too), but I don't look at the game as a contest of who's got the best/tallest fort.
SMP should be about community and each player enjoying the creativeness of others, Working together for a greater good.

The server is just starting, so it is always subject to change and new structuring, IE adaptable to the peoples needs. Things can be talked out and resolved if a player voices their disapproval, changes can be made.
XionTawa has been very busy as of late, would love to hear your ideas and opinions Gerbil, or that of anyone that plays.

I think most players will start to feel the monotony of the game and have some away time (which is always good not to play just one game), at least until better updates come out.

The Minecraft server is mainly there for toj'ers that own the game to have a place to go, If you can't even play on your own clan's server, then whats the point of the server?
I am not only saying all this just because I like your work and want you to keep playing , but that there may be others that feel the same as you Gerbil.

P.S.

my longest rant yet, sorry XD

Last edited:
...I was going to put my signs back up, see if I could reclaim my stuff and give it one more go but minecraft.net is down...

Edit: Logged in put my signs back up and Gator or Grey appear to have put back/fixed several things nicely. All my diamonds are gone though either taken for safekeeping or nom'ed up XD, ah well.

Tek's flowers and tree are gone and his place is clean stone now has he been playing?

I prefer this one it's like you can see the confused expressions on the poor animals XD :p . Video needs a cut away at the end of some miner in a hole getting a cow falling out of the sky on him :p .

Last edited:
I prefer this one it's like you can see the confused expressions on the poor animals XD :p . Video needs a cut away at the end of some miner in a hole getting a cow falling out of the sky on him :p ...

I love that cannon!
I wanted to try this with people as a new way of travel, but I couldn't find any volunteers .
Wonder why that is =b

Tek's flowers and tree are gone and his place is clean stone now has he been playing?
Nope.

I just logged on to see what you were talking about and discovered all the lovely trees I planted near my house to give it a natural, woods-y feel to it were gone. :(

Now there's a giant shield-thing and a few other large and unnatural-looking structures near my house. I have effectively zero room to expand now (not that I would have been able to any time soon, but I liked the small plot of land I'd picked and had hoped to return once I had more time to play).

I didn't play often, but when I did, I liked to get on the roof of my hut and hop from tree to tree, and maybe even grab a few screenshots of the chapel from my vantage point.

EDIT: Like this:

/sadface

Last edited:
1, the trees might have been cut down by Gator, probably because of monster spawns near spawn.
2, tek your neighbor is BDUDE, the one with the tower and likes to have demo-man stuff (targe shield), and Hyruleboy owns the pit there beside your place.

If you would like more land built or you house moved please ask.
Or if you would like Bdudes stuff moved a bit and your trees planted, that might be arranged too.

Yeah I said it was ok for Bdude to build there back when but I'm pretty sure I also said not to build towards Tek or build out the other way or something (I don't remember my exact words). He's kinda completely blocked off those stairs now. The junction house I had put in before he was there to cross the railroad is completely gone... whatever.

I actually stuck lights in all of Tek's trees back when but IDK if they got removed.

I've thought about starting back on minecraft. Some of my past buildings I've built was a full scale "factory" for farming items from zombies, to a giant mount rushmore with a singular smiley face* on it that looked hilarious. At the base of that Mt. Rushmore I was making my house and part of a church that was looking amazing. It was made of about 5-6 blocks high of brick, and about 18 high of glass. I then made a giant cross of diamond blocks over top of a fireplace, then made a sort of dining table at the base of that.

I did use invEDIT to get unlimited of certain blocks, mainly so that I could build whatever I wanted without disforming the surrounding area to much. I did however end up using a mod that gave me nukes, mined a bit into the base of mt rushmore, filled the entire cavern with TnT and nukes and hollowed out the entire inside of it, nearly down to the bed rock. I then made it into a volcano lol. I got pictures of all this on my old pc, but I got it put up somewhere.

Edit: forgot to link the picture of the smiley i used
*http://www.massmediacell.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/smiley-300x3001.png

Last edited:
Back