Son of god

Vanaze

23And these three men, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, fell down bound into the midst of the burning fiery furnace. 24 Then Nebuchadnezzar the king was astonished, and rose up in haste, and spake, and said unto his counsellors, Did not we cast three men bound into the midst of the fire? They answered and said unto the king, True, O king. 25 He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God. 26 Then Nebuchadnezzar came near to the mouth of the burning fiery furnace, and spake, and said, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, ye servants of the most high God, come forth, and come hither. Then Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, came forth of the midst of the fire.

I just find it interesting that Nebuchadnezzar knew that this guy looked like the "Son of God" aka Jesus!  Think Daniel spilt the beans to him or somethin' ?  

In all seriousness though, I find that Jesus appearing PHYSICALLY in OT times is quite intruiging.  Another well known appearance of the Lord in physical body in the OT is when He appeared to Abraham.

What do you guys think?  

My personal opinion is that when God "walked in the garden" with Adam and Eve, that was Jesus walking around with them.  

God bless,
Van

Good observation. Pretty cool, eh?

There are times in the OT where we see God, this is called a theophany. There are times in the OT where we see Jesus, this is called a Christophany. It is an appearance of either God or Jesus.

Another example is Moses and the burning bush (theophany).

I think the Garden of Eden one is God, not Jesus. But someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Im glad someone mentioned that before me. I love the old Christophony. I highlight it every time i see it in the old testment. I can't help myself.

Here's how you see it.

The angel of the LORD (christophony). the word Lord is all in capitals.

when you see, the angel of the Lord. (just a capital L)Its just gabrial or someone like that. Mind you i wouldn't mind meeting him either.

food for thought....

sealcomm

Back