Something here does not add up.

Odale

Tell me if you see what I see.

RealIDOops.jpg

Congrats Odale, you're screenshot is from 2051 when people have moved onto the ninth iteration of WoW.

lol i heard some people saying that in trade the other day. how could they have been offline longer than the game has been in existence yet still registered in-game?

as piano would say...

Mind = Blown

You have had some friends for a very long time? Hehe

Happens after every Tuesday until that friend logs into the game. Some kind of time reset...

Last edited:
More info-u-don't-need-to-know™ from Tekton...

In most operating systems, time is measured in number of seconds since 1/1/1970. It looks like Blizz isn't properly persisting friends last login time across server resets. It probably defaults to zero (which translates to 1/1/1970). So when they subtract 1/1/1970 from "now" they get the maximum: 41 years (rounding up).

Tek

More info-u-don't-need-to-know™ from Tekton...

In most operating systems, time is measured in number of seconds since 1/1/1970. It looks like Blizz isn't properly persisting friends last login time across server resets. It probably defaults to zero (which translates to 1/1/1970). So when they subtract 1/1/1970 from "now" they get the maximum: 41 years (rounding up).

Tek

Who is this mysterious Tek person??? :)

Myst was really the first all-nighter I pulled as a video game addict. My friend had a Apple Quadra (i think it was) at his work and we would go in after hours and play Myst all night long....the blue pagesssssss the bluuuuuuuuuuuuepages!

41 years ago man those were the days to play WoW. You'd have to put in a punch card to change your gear and every time the magnetic tape got to the end the servers would go down. :p

Last edited:
Back