Some add'l info on Guild size

Reginator

For those who haven't seen, Arenanet did a massive Q&A session on reddit yesterday. One thing mentioned about Guild size:

The new max guild size will be larger than the 100 cap in GW1. The exact max number was not given out. Additionally, the size cap will not be immediately fillable: there will be some way that guilds will need to gain rank/prestige/influence/something else to increase their size. What exactly that will be, they didn't say.

But in short, once the first "level" max is reached, they'll need to start actually doing stuff to open more slots.
Link to full thread:
http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/uodjr/im_a_guild_wars_2_developer_ama_about_the_next/

I got the impression that it's going to work to curtail membership inflation in a good way. Knowing their emphasis on group play, I imagine that it won't be hard to get all the room we need for the people who are actually playing... but people who drop off in participation will probably have to drop off the roles. I don't think it's going to take anything more than reasonable attention to add as many people as we need.

That fits with the rest of the way they are doing guild stuff. We can work with that. The only thing is if we have a large amount of members and a portion of them stop playing, we'll have to kick them unless the remaining members are able to get enough influence to "upgrade" the guild.

Which is essentially what we did in GW1

So do we have a list of potential members yet? Seems like we could easily fill 100 slots already.

Maybe - it's hard to say. I'd be curious how many plan to join LoE.

I'm in - I think we can count on Stc - that's two...

Ehh actually I'm not feeling it.. after waiting a quarter of my life for this game I think I'll pass.. It's just gonna be you Abba.

Ahh! Why you gotta ruin my fun mom!?

In all seriousness.. I'm thinking after this BWE we will create a thread for that. This way people will have an opportunity to get character and account names that they will use for the release. That and I can run over how to invite people to the guild one more time.. since I might have forgotten since last BWE..

Back