Soldiers are a bit too powerful.

Odale

So, since Valve or Steam or whoever chucked a giant container full of steroids down soldier's throats... I don't think I will be playing as much as I did a few weeks ago.

If I wanted to be 1 shot in some sort of PVP, I'd go back to wow.

:mad:

Ridiculous...

So, since Valve or Steam or whoever chucked a giant container full of steroids down soldier's throats... I don't think I will be playing as much as I did a few weeks ago.

If I wanted to be 1 shot in some sort of PVP, I'd go back to wow.

:mad:

Ridiculous...
Those are the crits--and crit rockets are the #1 reason I installed TFTrue on our server.

I'm in contact with uber of deFy regarding an updated TFTrue that will work after the Jan. 15th update (that broke the version of TFTrue we're currently running).

Have no fear! Crits should be blocked once again before the week is out (I hope and pray).

I admit is really frustrating, the most times I was shot at by a soldier was 3 times, but I never survived an encounter with a soldier.

So stupid. Whats the crit % on one of those guys?! I encountered the soldiers 4 or 5 times, and 3 of those times I was 1 or 2 shot... Getting 1 or 2 shot used to be a rarity...

So stupid. Whats the crit % on one of those guys?!
Not sure. The crit system seems to generate random numbers out of thin air.
I encountered the soldiers 4 or 5 times, and 3 of those times I was 1 or 2 shot... Getting 1 or 2 shot used to be a rarity...
Being 1-shot by a Soldier will be very rare once again once we update our TFTrue plugin.

They did a study on crit numbers. You can review the results here:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=624392

In short: the critical hit chance is improved solely by killing two or more players in rapid succession, such as a double kill with a soldier's rocket. When this happens for a soldier using rockets, the default chance to crit (5%) is increased by roughly four times (to 20%) temporarily. The duration of this increase appears to vary depending on the weapon; for a demoman using grenades, it can last up to about 20 seconds. This "super-crit" period can be extended by continued killing.

Despite the "super powers" of the soldier, I have yet to be on a server where *everybody's* playing soldiers. They're powerful, which they should be, but they are far from being the most popular class I think.

They are not so over powered unless your favorite class is pyro. Then they are your nemise or however you spell it all night.

Odale play a sniper or spy they are a soliders nightmare.

Actually, sniper and spy aren't all that bad (unless the sniper is Whon and the spy Offnickel) its the sentries and scouts that bugger me the most.

Even without Crits, Soldiers can still take down most classes with 2 shots, and Demoman just plow through things with a medic.

They can also gib themselves if they fire too close to the ground or they connect with you at point blank range.

Back