Soldier/Demo Update

Whon

Tribe of Judah Left 4 Dead Chapter Leader
A dual Solider/Demo update. Check here for a little glimpse of a comic valve just put out and see what you think. Seems like the sources down at PC Gamer have some "super speculation" that "class updates for the Soldier and Demo may be live tomorrow." via a facebook update... This could be good...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooooh maybe this will be the update for December then. Good catch Whon I don't have a facebook account so I never would have found it. The last page of that comic has a spot for a next page link as well. Me thinks to check Teamfortress.com tomorrow too.

Edit: EEP! I just checked teamfortress.com and it now has a link that says "friendship ends in one day" and it goes to the comic!

Relevant hints at this link http://kotaku.com/5421317/next-team-fortress-2-update-to-get-friendly credit finding goes to Keero .

Last edited:
So will they increase the clip count to 6 for the grenade launcher (since that is what the gun model shows)? Note: I am willing to trade that with a small damage nerf.

Will they correct the grenade trajectory so it actually will go to the center of the aiming reticle instead of skewing away from it to the upper-right?

Honestly, that is all I care about at this point. Essentially, removing perplexing and unnecessary annoyances to playing as the Demoman.

In terms of new weapons/equipment,... something that will lead to bigger, badder explosions... and more gibs. Proximity mines, target tracking, tactical nukes....

Eh, who I am kidding here? Not going to happen.

So will they increase the clip count to 6 for the grenade launcher (since that is what the gun model shows)? Note: I am willing to trade that with a small damage nerf.

Will they correct the grenade trajectory so it actually will go to the center of the aiming reticle instead of skewing away from it to the upper-right?

Honestly, that is all I care about at this point. Essentially, removing perplexing and unnecessary annoyances to playing as the Demoman.

In terms of new weapons/equipment,... something that will lead to bigger, badder explosions... and more gibs. Proximity mines, target tracking, tactical nukes....

Eh, who I am kidding here? Not going to happen.

Sure Omega they will do all that. I'm also sure they will...

1. Fix frontstab/backstabs.
2. Give the spy a sane sound radius on his de-cloaking and his footsteps.
3. Make the scout less annoying.
4. Remove jarate.
5. Fix having 5+ sgs covering each other making pubs impossible to win.
6. Send you a bar of gold every time you start up TF2 :p.

Ah well I think we may have to wait a bit longer :/ :p.

Last edited:
I would give all those up if they would fix sniper shots threw friendlies.

Sure Omega they will do all that. I'm also sure they will...

1. Fix frontstab/backstabs.
2. Give the spy a sane sound radius on his de-cloaking and his footsteps.
3. Make the scout less annoying.
4. Remove jarate.
5. Fix having 5+ sgs covering each other making pubs impossible to win.
6. Send you a bar of gold every time you start up TF2 :p.

Ah well I think we may have to wait a bit longer :/ :p.

1. HAHAHAHAHAHA
2. Needs fixing badly
3. He's the scout. How could they possibly make him less annoying.
4. Why? Jarate is awesome.
5. Class limits + Good Demo + Uber = No more SGs
6. Can you please send that one to Valve. That may be the best idea I've ever read.

New page on Teamfortress.com. Ooooooh war update Demo's Vs Soldiers. Post and/or PM me on steam if you find hidden stuff please!

Last edited:
oh my goodness.... I really wish i wasn't in finals week. This update makes me wanna play so bad.
perhaps i can fin dsome time "here or there" (only for 5-20 min at a time)... but it is still worth it. .... maybe....

You gotta realize most of the other Classes new weapons are believable.

Scouts double-barrel shotgun, Baseball with Bat, Juice.
Sniper's Bow, "Jarate", Spy-shield.
Etc.

Its possible the Demoman would have the real Grenade Launcher from L4D2.

1 grenade per shot, more splash-damage, explode on contact, but slower reload.

Sticky-bombs could be Proximity-bombs.

As for his replacement melee weapon, a Irish piper? LOL
Or William Wallace's Sword.

And the Soldier, due to his Military look, his Rocket Launcher could be replaced to a Rifle Grenade?

His Shotgun could be a M1911 Pistol and his Shove could be a Bayonet. :D

Last edited:
I could see them switching the stickies to ones that do less damage, but can be attached to teammates and enemies. That way you can create suicide bombers.

Crafting, an additional comic, and a hidden monkey page which may or may not hint at the weapons to be released.
Bugle? Sword? Attack Eagle? :p .

From the screen shots and descriptions it looks like crafting will require a "blueprint" in order to work. Still It's good to know the extra weapons I've been hording for this where not in vain. Thing is where is the trading system Valve? Crafting will make it all the more useful to have one.

I'm guessing there will be 2 weapons announcements now each day Monday through Thursday.

Last edited:
On the hidden page, I noticed that it says "With this rocket launcher transfer his fame to you" and I cant help but wonder if thats a clue.

And what is up with the "Are you man enough to own Florida?"

On the hidden page, I noticed that it says "With this rocket launcher transfer his fame to you" and I cant help but wonder if thats a clue.

And what is up with the "Are you man enough to own Florida?"

Didn't the Heavy named his gun, "Natasha"?

Maybe its someone else name for their gun.

"I love Florida's BIG BOOMS!" :p

Last edited:
I could see them switching the stickies to ones that do less damage, but can be attached to teammates and enemies. That way you can create suicide bombers.

That was one of my suggestions (stickels) back when :) .

The next 2 Demo weapons have been announced a sword and shield. These seem set to change how the Demo is played more than any other weapon updates. Heath modifications, fire/blast resistance, a speed boost and of course the loss of the sticky launcher. I think I would have preferred a more conservatively altered play style and weapon type but they look to be fun. They also seem to have been hinted at on that hidden page so I guess we can expect the other things to be hints too. I want a screaming attack eagle for the soldier now :p.

I will give Valve points for the name of the sword though the "Eyelander" LOL :p

The comic also hints at the third weapon showing a partial name sco... res... . I'm thinking scout or scotch for the first word. At first I thought it may be a drink as the Highland charge, which the weapons are based upon, first involved drinking and getting psyched up before doing it. Now I think the third weapon unlock may require something more versatile as you are losing your sticky launcher and the grenade launcher is a bit of a pain to fall back on for a ranged weapon. Also if you can't explode yourself some way after this update I'm going to be disappointed :p .

Last edited:
I will be surprised to see the third weapon. if the demo already has two melle weapons, does the third HAVE TO be a mele weapon?
and as for the name.... "Scottish resistance?"
The drink idea sounds pretty logical. I think it would be funny if they did a drink that makes you faster running straight, but if you try and turn you are liable to stumble and fall over.

The next weapon was announced. It's "The Direct Hit" a rocket launcher which boasts greater speed and power than the normal rocket launcher but with less splash damage range.

Oooh, I really wanna try it out. ^___^ I like fast things. >=|

Back