SOLA, Christian led, family friendly, Neverwinter Guild

ewoksrule

SOLA, Christian ran family friendly, Neverwinter Guild
Hear Ye, Hear Ye,

We are SOLA!
SolaWebBanner2HighRez.jpg

SOLA is a group of Christian gamers who seek to develop a community of Acceptance and Encouragement!

SOLA was formed back in June 2012 by Dosmas and a few others who were looking forward to the launch of Guild Wars 2 and have been very successful in that time. We have an overall membership of over 200 people that have played Guild Wars 2 with us at one time or another.

Due to the excitement surrounding Neverwinter and the demand of our membership we have formed the SOLA Neverwinter branch.

Our Goal is to be known as friendly and helpful members of all games we play including Neverwinter. We will strive to provide clean chat channels, forums and voice chat for our members and their families.

While SOLA was founded by Christians it is NOT Required for Membership. All we expect of our membership is to be respectful, and to act in an honorable manner.

We have gamers of every kind, young and old, hardcore and casual, PvEers, and PvPers. We will work to be active in all areas of Neverwinter and we will strive to accomplish everything Neverwinter has to offer, and then when we run out of content made by Cryptic we will make our own!

The only requirement for membership is to read our code of conduct and to fill out our application with a bit of information about you. If you have any questions, comments or ever want to meet us or join us, come on over to our Web Site.

We have forums, and a voice chat system (mumble). We have active members on nightly in Guild Wars 2, The Secret World and Tera, some of whom will be playing Neverwinter.

May HE Bless us All as we tell our Story for HIS Glory!

Go watch our Neverwinter Recruitment Video then swing on by and say hi.

Neverwinter launches on April 30th at 9am Pacific!

Last edited:
Game launches in 1 week!!!! Forget that floaty mmo combat and come play some visceral action-mmo combat with us...FOR FREE!!!

GAME IS LIVE GO PLAY!!!

Seriously tho, this game has completely exceeded all my expectations in regards to pure fun. It is very very fun and you should all try it, for free!!

ps: ohhh.. but the login launcher may have crashed due to the launch.....sigh

Kahiel, It is free to play, and its not even pay to win (all the pay for items are purely cosmetic, or so I have read..)

From the little I have played, I think I am going to enjoy this game. There are huge wait times right now though, due to servers being full, but thats expected with an Open Beta launch.. :)

My only downer, is they dont hve a Mac client, so I am stuck only playing on my gaming desktop. I tried running it on my rMBP through Parallels, but it was super laggy..

Last edited:
Not exactly looking to pour time into the game, but I'm not one to simply not try digitized D&D. Downloading the client now.

Make sure to roll on Beholder.

The combat is what shines, it is so visceral and chaotic and fun!

It is free with no content gated by pay walls. There are lots of ways to spend money tho, so have self control! I already dropped $80 into the system.

Last edited:
It is free with no content gated by pay walls. There are lots of ways to spend money tho, so have self control! I already dropped $80 into the system.

Good thing Mrs. Ewok doesn't read the forums. $80 in beta!?!?!? Dude you need some boundaries :)

Something about do what I say and not what I do? Hahah well honestly it is money well spent, I don't like how expensive things are, but a top speed mount, big bag, extra character slots and all that were key for me, personally. Now the gambling I did on the nightmare mount and phoenix companion might be regretted.

Is it live or is this open beta?

I downloaded it (and consequently play on Beholder as well). Only now getting used to the controls - they're strange, even by GW2 standards.

The fact that it's free to play is a huge bonus to me, and if this is the final game (their website says it's open beta) then the shoddy character models and poor cinematics can and should be overlooked.

One thing that bothers me is what you can buy through the game with real money - crafting items. Sure, you could buy crafting items in GW2 with real money and then convert the gems you'd buy to gold, but the exchange rate was something like 75 cents per one gold. So it would be unlikely that anyone would do that. But in Neverwinter you can straight up buy crafting items - that kind of worries me.

First impressions are pretty good... wonky controls though, and I really hope the crafted items aren't the best items available in end-game.

Last edited:
They are calling it open beta with no character wipes from now on. So that means soft launch to me. I agree that the cash items are borderline worrisome but the fact that there no limits on content for free players makes it much more palatable. The foundry is really cool, people already have great player made dungeons rolling out.

Last edited:
Controls are action mmo so if you played tera you will be right at home, otherwise you have a learning curve on the controls but hang with it because they are actually very good.

I logged on and really enjoyed it. Usually first few levels of combat are stinky, except for Warhammer. These seemed to be cool and fun. Hopefully they will have learned from Warhammer and have more cool stuff later instead of the same cool stuff which is not cool later...

I'm in -- Neirai@Wildebeeest.

That is 4 Es, with 3 in a row. I wonder if that's a secret D&D reference?

Also, I apped to SOLA. But of course can't send messages till level 5.

Also, the game is pretty good, although it has a number of things in it that make me say "haven't you played any WoW? Because they fixed that no-brainer of a problem back in TBC..."

I just don't get it. I've been trying to log into Perfect World's site for several days. I went through the hoops to change my password, and logged in with my lap top and started downloading the game. I still can't log in with my desktop computer using the same email and password.

Edit:

I managed to get in now. Had to change my password several times before I got it two work. :confused:

Last edited:
We seriously need to start a server wide dance party location. 24/7 dance. This game has more than one dance, so it's incredible. I'm in love.

I noticed someone roaming around with bots following them - two bots behind the lead character. I wonder if that's against their ToS?

If not, then why would you ever buy the additional character slots?

Random thought.

You sure it was not their companions? You can hire them to follow you around.

That being said, multi-boxing is not against the TOS if you are doing it from an actual keyboard. There is very little benefit to doing it since it is action MMO style and no buffbot classes.

The reason you might want more character slots is that there are some awesome benefits in the game that are account bound. These would not carry over to a 2nd account.

Back