SirThom's Corner Launched

SirThom

My personal website, SirThom's Corner, has launched! This will be the home of my thoughts and ramblings, links to my favorite websites, and more. The address is:

http://www.sirthom.net

I hope you guys enjoy it. =)

For the technically minded of you: I coded the system myself using PHP and mySQL. The .tgm extension (TGM would be my initials) that you see is faked using Apache's mod_rewrite module. The iTunes block on the right side is simply a parsed XML file, uploaded from iTunes via Brandon Fuller's Now Playing.

Pilgrim said:
woOt. Added your RSS feed to my RSS Reader
Awesome. Glad to hear it. =)

How does the feed look in your reader, btw? To much or to little information? I wasn't sure exactly how much info to put in the feed.

Sir Thom when I went to your site I immediately received 2 viruses which my Avast antivirus caught . Maybe somebody has hacked your site.

ColdSteel said:
Sir Thom when I went to your site I immediately received 2 viruses which my Avast antivirus caught . Maybe somebody has hacked your site.
Whaa? I can't see how my site is hacked...it must be something else. The only thing that might be hacked is Google AdSense, which I highly doubt. That's the only script-like function used in the site, all the rest is simple HTML.

It's probably a false positive, I haven't gotten anything with Norton.

SirThom: I've attached a screenshot of what your feed looks like in my viewer.

ColdSteel said:
I went there again it says this
VBS:Malware[Gen]
virus-worm
I'll see if i can get a screen shot
That's unfortunate. I assure you -- there are no viruses on my site.

I put in my virus chest.
It says the virus name: asw6D4.tmp it said it's in my temp files on c: drive
Somehow it must be triggered my purefun.com or your website. I will try your website again. I guess it may be on my end. CS

not on yours, on mine, yours was a trigger , funny it was your site though , i do surf a lot and so does my mrs. sorry , taken care of. it was in my temp files , CS

Back