Simple and Rewarding

Dasavur

So I just recently started a workout program that one of my pastors (who's an ex-cop) introduced to the college at my church. It is a simple push-up program that people often do in order to be able to do 100 push-ups in a row, though I'm no where near 100 push-ups in a row right now I'm mainly just doing it to stay disciplined and because it's a simple workout that works the main part of my upper body. I've been doing it for 2 weeks now and I'm already seeing results so I figured I would post it on here so that if anyone wants to try it out they can.

"Hit the Deck Program":
Week 1: Relative Intensity: Set Frequency:
Monday 100% (test); 30% (remainder of day) 60 minutes
Tuesday 50% 60 minutes
Wednesday 60% 45 minutes
Thursday 25% 60 minutes
Friday 45% 30 minutes
Saturday 40% 60 minutes
Sunday 20% 90 minutes

Week 2: Relative Intensity: Set Frequency:
Monday 100% (test); 35% (remainder of day) 45 minutes
Tuesday 55% 20 minutes
Wednesday 30% 15 minutes
Thursday 65% 60 minutes
Friday 35% 45 minutes
Saturday 45% 60 minutes
Sunday 25% 120 minutes

Week 3:
Monday 100% (test)

On Monday's you start out in the morning doing as many push-ups as your body allows, until you can't push yourself up anymore. Write that down and then do a percentage of that for the rest of the week at timed intervals. This week my max was 60 push-ups with my hands at shoulder length apart so today I'm doing 21 push-ups every 45 minutes. I just use my watch/iPhone to keep track of that timer. You are supposed to do them as long as you're awake. I do them wherever I am unless I'm doing something important like a meeting or in church. I've done them in class at college, at sonic (and other restaurants), and in the grocery store so you get the point that it's really just wherever you are, stop what you're doing and do your push-ups real quick.

I do this more for the discipline than the actual workout but it sure does give you a work out and it's starting to show! :) Hope you enjoy.

Back