Silkroad Online

Whon

Tribe of Judah Left 4 Dead Chapter Leader
Has anyone played this game, Silkroad Online? I just started and it seems pretty interesting so far. It's a Chinese fantasy mmorpg that's totally free except you can pay money for special items in the item mall by using paypal or equiv. to by silk for exchange in the game. I play on the newest sever Olympus, just opened 7/14/06, Charater Name Vomo.

I found this game so far to be a lot like the old SWG before the junkie upgrades... basicly you have 5 weapons choices and magic ablities to level up. I'm only a lvl 13 so I'm still pretty new. I have notice that some of the translations are sort of weird so you have to read closely to understand them. So if you are looking for a mmorpg that's free and are not into GW as much as others check it out.

Post Your Server Everyone!

The worse thing about Silkroad is you cannot transfer characters between servers (that and the mind numbing amounts of monsters you have to kill to complete a quest) :( Everyone who posts needs to say what server they are on so new players can get a idea of what server to start on. I'm on Athens becuase another Toj'er said he played here (although I haven't played with him yet). I am lvl 18 "MightyGerbil" and he is lvl 19 "Vaimo7". I am willing to help new players with the game as well just type " $MightyGerbil QUESTION HERE " in the chat box to message me (of course I can only respond if I am online :p ) Anyway if I can get enough Toj'ers in Athens I will form a clan. Imagine a Silkroad clan with the name "Tribe of Judah" sounds nice huh :)

I just downloaded it last night and haven't gotten a chance to check it out yet.

Thanks for the info on it Whon and I may see you there soon.:)

Well I tried it and I didn't like it and so that takes care of that.
I reached level 5 and realized that I could play this game throughout eternity and beyond.
The time I have here is important and would best spent in serving God and seeking Him.

I hate rpgs for the very reason that it will hose your time, having to play for 100+ hours shouldnt be necessary.

i tried it, but very repetitive and lacks skill. the idea is awesome though. could be better

I've reached lvl 20 in silkroad, but the quests of killing hundreds of tigers just to get 50 teeth is growing old, i've started on another mmorpg Deicide so far in just 2 days i've lvl 20 and seem pretty good, there is a lot more info to understand the game then silkroad and yes it's another free to play game at the moment, I believe it's in open beta.

I think what turned me away from Silkroad was the fact that lots of players had booths set up to sell stuff. Where as I prefer to buy and trade with store owners.
I also like auctions. I guess I'm to use to WoW.

Hey Whon

Hey Whon I don't know if I will try Decide or not but what server are you on so I can use the same one (I assume it is set up with different servers like Silkroad).

As far as Silkroad goes the game is set up (probably like all free mmorpgs) to wear you down into buying their stuff to help you level quicker. Now you can get past this to some extent as higher level players can help you level quicker. It does get more fun too when you can go on trades as a team (you have to have a friend and be level 20+ before you can though).

Really I am just looking for a free or no monthly fee mmorpg that would have a decent amount of Christians to play with while still being able to be a example to the un-saved. I would get Guild Wars but I've heard it uses instances in the dungeons and I would want to be able to come upon people and give them some help if they need it (i.e. Christian example). I play Unreal 2004 too but you have to spend a lot of time on that just like rpgs if you want to be good at it. Not to mention if you have a poor connection you will always have a handicap in a fps. My bottom line is any online game is lame without friends to play with.

I've played Decide for 2 weeks now and lvling is slowing down as usual, I'm just about lvl 25 but I've only played 2 days since I hit lvl 20, so not bad. My community or Guild Red Fury seems really nice they help each other out a lot. So far it's been just kill monsters to lvl but the guild war system seems pretty interesting, I would suggest reading up on it to see if you like it before installing it.

As of right now I am playing on Vail server (they only have a couple servers) and it's not nearly as packed as silkroad. My player's name is "Som Whon" and I usualy try to play a couple hours every couple of days. I'm waiting for the urge to play silkroad again, but deicide is seeming to fill my need at the moment (until I can get in the 9dragons beta) As for Christians playing, other guild members are or aren't they don't classify it all red fury asks is to respect everyone playing, and I agree with that.

Back