Should I bother with Karazhan?

3-dEMON

I'm teetering on the brink of 70, it's November 2007. I plan on hitting 70 by this week's end. I'm looking at the key quest chain for Karazhan, the gear requirements, the strategies, etc. It's a lot to get my head around and with WotLK right around the corner I'm wondering if I should even bother. There is a lot of work to be done before I can even enter the instance let alone play it effectively in a raid scenario.

Just looking for thoughts from fellow players.

Since I have not seen a time table as to when the expansion is suppose to be out I would say yes, Kara is a good place to go. Gear is for a healer isn't all that hard to come by once you hit some of the 70 instances, TK. ~1000 healing and 6800 health is all that is really needed for a starting Kara run. Once get further into it you will need over 7500 health due mainly to one boss. If you don't mind running heroics alot you can get gear that is close if not equal to some of the Kara gear.

when it comers to kara, I think that yes anyone is welcome but to be honest if you arent willing to put effort in to heroics( not saying you arent , talking in general) then you should think about how much a benefit you are to a team. I had a heroic team and we didnt touch kara til about 4 months of heroics the reason is learning how to work well as a team and to be honest heroics can be harder then kara. I personally recommand run heroic ge tthe gear then kara. I dont think kara should be where anyone goes as soon as you hit 70 and get keyed, it doesnt help teams it usually slows down teams I find and it will help u be more benefitful to a team by doing heroics.

Having worked in the game development industry for 8 years and been a avid game enthusiast since I was knee-high to a grasshopper, the learning curve on this stuff is much shorter for me than the average person. I can pick up on game mechanics and boss strategies pretty fast. Not to mention I am working on my 3rd year as a WoW subscriber (3 years in February 08').

I will take your advice and run some heroics to get a taste of how tight a team must be to accomplish boss encounters and such. I think learning how to play your class in a 5 man group setting is the single most important and too often overlooked skill in the game, and definitely a stepping stone for learning how to raid. As a priest my role is pretty clear, I spend most of the run watching the green bars go up and down in the party frame. Managing my mana and threat is key (sometimes a mage or rogue has to die to preserve the tank :p).

yay!!! another healer that sides with me!!!! Sometimes you just have to let Randy die.... I mean a mage....

Okay, approximately 3:30am Saturday night I hit 70. I had already started the Karazhan key quest. Sunday night I ran Shadow Labryinth and picked up my first key fragment, along with a nice pair of Hallowed shoulders from the Hallowed armor set. If anyone wants to help me run some of the other key fragment dungeons just let me know. I would also like to pick up the rest of the Hallowed pieces, as it looks like a nice set to start Kara with as a healer, in addition to looking cool.

the easiest ways to get thru instances is either just start spamming guild chat, or if you know when you're going to be able to go, post somewhere here (and put up a reminder in Group Calender)

Back