Servers?

inkelis

What is the differance between the the server types? Specifically; Exchange, PvP, and PvE?

I've played PvP and PvE and can't tell a differance.

PvP, or Player vs. Player combat allows characters in EverQuest II to fight and kill opposing teams' characters spontaneously throughout the world, not only in arena or duel battles. PvP has a different ruleset than normal combat.
http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/PVP
If you play on Nagafen (high population pvp server) You will literally die 10s to 100s of times as you leave the newbie area. There will be roaming gank squads waiting to ambush you at every major quest hub. You will lose your money and possibly an item every time you get killed. (there is a recent kill list that stops excessive camping)

PvE server only allows killing of other players in arena or duel battles.

Exchange server means you can buy/sell your items/plat/toons for paypal cash legally.
https://exchange.livegamer.com/eqii/

Also for raiding, PvE server can have all classes in a raid. PvP server can only have good classes or evil classes but not both. Unless you are exile (neutral) but then you cant enter any of the cities at all except the underground exile city. On PVP servers most of the raiding guilds are exile guilds as it is too hard to lose out on so many classes in progression raiding.

Last edited:
I started playing on Nagafen, and so far am really enjoying it. Havn't run into the ganking issues as stated above.. so i guess i'm in luck =D

Nice! I haven't really checked in on Naggy in over a year so it may have tamed down from the gank fest it was. There are a bunch of us on the "Bazzar" server and a ToJ guild there if you want to join us.

I was considering it... right now i play evil side.

I'm not sure i like the buy/sell kind of server that bazaar is. I'm just worried about that kind of stuff.

I'll probally make a toon on the server and check it out, though.

As far as I have seen it plays out the same as any other server. People are very friendly and maybe even more helpful with giving away items as they can easily get all the plat they want with a few bucks.

Think of it this way too, if you find yourself at the end with a toon you don't want to play or tons of plat, you can legally make some money back on your time investment, or just pay for your monthly subscription with a little farming.

Also you can drop an extra $3 and pickup 10plat to help get all the bags/bankboxes/brokercrates you need to get a new toon started. :)

Last edited:
Back