server transfer?

Bald Guy

OK, where are we going. clearly the guild is about down to nothing so we need to move together somewhere....so....who will lead this mass exodus?
looking for direction for Terr and I to know where to move to.

Supposedly server x-fer comes in this week (tomorrow maybe?). We still don't know (unless Aleron has read something I haven't) what will be allowed. Open transfers? If so, I would suggest we all join in on the Harbenger. Will they merge certain server? I don't know.

There was also talk of the uber servers (with raised max pop). Dunno.

Update:

They released more information last week when I was busy. http://www.swtor.com/blog/character-transfer-server-populations-and-you

Therefore, we made the decision to strictly limit the initial phase of the Character Transfer Service to only allow transfers from selected groups of origin servers (where you're moving a character from) to selected individual destination servers (where you choose to move a character to) based on the player populations of the origin and destination servers. In some cases, a large number of origin servers will be eligible to move to a single destination server. In others, very few origin servers will be transferring to existing high population destination servers. Remember, the goal here is to push almost every destination server to an active population that's higher.
It sounds like our options will be limited as to where we can go. :( I really wanted to bring all my toons to The Harbenger.

There are also some restrictions to this character transfer process , which will be more fully detailed in a forthcoming FAQ. For those who have unlocked Legacy abilities, your Legacy will be transferred to your new server and your unlocks will be available there too. If you have already unlocked your Legacy on your destination server, the higher level Legacy will take precedence. For guild members and masters, you will not be able to transfer your guild as a whole to your new server; instead you will need to reform it. If you have a guild bank, it will be re-granted to your new guild on your destination server by Customer Service. This is not an automatic process and you will have to contact Customer Service directly. If your transferred character’s name conflicts with an existing name on a destination server, you will be asked to rename your character. In the case of Legacy names, unless you have unlocked your Legacy on your destination server, you will need to rename your Legacy upon transfer (although you may pick the same Legacy name as on your origin server, if available).

Last edited:
Hey Grim, read this!

There will be a full FAQ published on Tuesday to answer most of your questions, but I wanted to go ahead and answer these two.

1. Due to a variety of factors (including the naming and re-naming process after transferring characters), this was deemed to be the most efficient method in assuring that Guilds retain their Guild Banks on the new server.

2. Yes, you will have to:

Remove all items & credits from the Guild Bank.
Disband the Guild.
Transfer to the new server and reform the Guild.
Contact Customer Service to re-establish the Guild Bank and Guild Bank tabs.

Hopefully that answers your question.
Depending on what's in the bank, we may need people on hand to help move and store things.

Yeah, I was hoping we could consolidate on The Harbinger as well. In any case, we should take a look at which servers they are allowing transfers into and see how they rank over the next few days. Maybe they'll allow transfers off of The Harbinger. I'm willing to go to whichever server has a healthy population and where my brothers and sisters in Christ are.

Hey Grim, read this!

Depending on what's in the bank, we may need people on hand to help move and store things.

Thanks for pointing that out. I don't think there's much in there at the moment, so I can probably just stick it into various inventories on my characters. I have a bunch of them, after all :).

As for the process of how to switch servers, I think Aleron's suggestion is a good one. It makes sense to wait a few days to see where we can transfer and what the populations look like before making a decision.

Yeah, I was hoping we could consolidate on The Harbinger as well. In any case, we should take a look at which servers they are allowing transfers into and see how they rank over the next few days. Maybe they'll allow transfers off of The Harbinger. I'm willing to go to whichever server has a healthy population and where my brothers and sisters in Christ are.

Well, other than they won't transfer pvp to pve there is a possibility that we can get a good server.

I don't know where to post this. Anyway, here we go!

I'm actually in the server Jedi Covenant and I noticed so many new players in the General Chat! I asked them where they were coming from and they told me that they just transferred from the server Keller's Void. After many of us welcomed them, we asked them what they thought about the transfer and their new server so far:

-They were pleasantly surprised that Jedi Covenant was their destination server.
-The transfer process was much quicker than expected.
-They were so happy and excited to see so many players on the Fleets, especially on the Republic Fleet (apparently there were way more Empire players than Republic ones on Keller's Void).
-They can't believe that it takes only seconds to 2-3 minutes at most for the PvP queuing. They were so used to half-hour / 1 hour queues lol!
-They told us that many of their friends are coming back to SWTOR only for the fact that Bioware is fixing the server population issue.

TLDR: So far, the transfers seem to be working pretty well.

P.S. To all the previous Keller's Void players, welcome to Jedi Covenant!

Well, other than they won't transfer pvp to pve there is a possibility that we can get a good server.
True... we may have to have "protection" squads to guard lowbies as they're leveling up. :p

Jedi Covenant has consistently ranked in the top three servers for population. Those folks on Keller's Void really lucked out! I almost rolled a new Republic toon on that server.

*Edit: Hmmm... maybe I should work on my Warriors of the Shadow toons and get them up to 50. Maybe there are no Republic griefers to bother me...

Last edited:
(Highly) considering coming back to SWTOR but I can't transfer unless I have an active sub, grr. Been keeping up with the news, looks like the game is turning around for sure (LFG tool, woot!) I would love to try PVE or RP but as long as the populations are solid I don't mind. Was looking at checking out Smuggler and Trooper as well as continuing with my Warrior. Just need to find a way to pay for a sub, heh.

(Highly) considering coming back to SWTOR but I can't transfer unless I have an active sub, grr. Been keeping up with the news, looks like the game is turning around for sure (LFG tool, woot!) I would love to try PVE or RP but as long as the populations are solid I don't mind. Was looking at checking out Smuggler and Trooper as well as continuing with my Warrior. Just need to find a way to pay for a sub, heh.

Keep an eye on Amazon, they've been advertising discounted 60 day cards. Not a big discount, but cheaper than buying a 90 subscription.

They've added a few more since last night but they aren't all listed on the information page yet. The list from the Account Transfer page.

Certain transfers are complimentary at this time:
Between the following servers:
Keller's Void to Jedi Covenant
Hedarr Soongh to The Fatman
Fa'athra to Drooga's Pleasure Barge
Kath Hound to The Ebon Hawk
Zayne Carrick to Vanjervalis Chain
Eye of Ashlanae to The Red Eclipse
The Shadow Runner to Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Kessel Run to Battle Meditation
Ven Zallow to Jung Ma
The Courageous to Canderous Ordo
Rakata Mind Prison to The Bastion
Soresu to The Harbinger
Lord Ieldis to Begeren Colony
Shaltin Tunnels to The Progenitor
Mecrosa Order to Darth Nihilus
Stereb Cities to The Jedi Tower
The Restoration Zone to Jar'Kai Sword
Phateem Halls of Knowledge to Mantle of the Force

They've added quite a bit more since this morning! I just counted 80.

It looks like two servers are being offered transfers to Begeren Colony and none into or out of Warriors of the Shadow...so far.

I've been bouncing around servers. Since I am back on line (and have a lot of free time on my hands until I get cleared by the surgeon) I was working on my CfD characters. I went to transfer a couple toons I don't play very often and discovered that a whole bunch of servers are now listed as locked. Hm... Are they going to purge the servers with low pop?

Back