Server down

Talon

The company that hosts our temp server did a server reinstall trying to fix a networking problem. In turn dumped all 10GBS OF MAPS and all server config files. Server is locked down until everything but maps are fixed. All configs are gone, and will take hours and hours to rebuild. I will not be doing any of this, I dont have time. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Last edited:
Server went down sometime last night, with networking issues, couldnt allocate the server port on UDP. Submitted a support ticket this afternoon, 10 min later, server is gone and whiped.

I just logged in and heard about this. It's really a pity to see a lot of work gone in a matter of minutes and not being your fault, but things like this happen all the time. Would be a great idea to save money for the next server and to keep everybody in the tribe posted about this. We can't despair in this situation and we need to ask the Lord to give us strenght during this period of time and the resources to get another server.

A time for everthing under the sun. A time to be born and a time to die. Well I suggest we all in ToJ seek God as to what we should do about this. Let us all agree in prayer on this matter and let us wait on the Lord and see how He leads us all as for what we should do about a server for ToJ.

If I had the option of ssh connection, it wouldnt be too bad, I could leave my lappy on for about 48 hrs strait and upload all 10gbs to the file space, but this host only allows ftp, which times out with inactivity.

Talon said:
If I had the option of ssh connection, it wouldnt be too bad, I could leave my lappy on for about 48 hrs strait and upload all 10gbs to the file space, but this host only allows ftp, which times out with inactivity.

How would it time out with inactivity if you are queueing the files? Or are you dragging each one? :|

I was just using IE and copying about 300mbs of files at once over, after 10 min of not being at my comp, times out. Its a FTP security thing. From now on, If i can get SSH like for the toj server when its online, I'll fire up putty and do a wget and grab the huge map packs from my website, wayyyy faster and easier.

Back