Second Annual Community Day of Prayer

LITSAFALDA

Prayer Angel, Moderator
Back by popular demand..... or in other words "Angel's" heart is being pushed to get this up and going again this year, we are approaching the time for our Second Annual Community Day of Prayer.

To prevent some confusion here are the specific times and other information upfront. ( We had several people misreading last year so I am trying to clarify from the beginning.)

The Date and Time of this activity will be SATURDAY Nov 26th until SUNDAY Nov 27th for the entire day beginning at 12 AM EASTERN STANDARD TIME on Saturday and ending at 12 AM EST on Sunday. Again all times are Eastern Standard Time

I am looking for a promise to prayer during a specific time not a specific place such as forums, team speak. etc. I would encourage all of you to take an hour slot so that maybe we can be uplifted knowing someone else is praying exactly at that time, but last year we did not even have 24 people participating. Also I would rather have the commitment of 15,30, or 45 minutes definitely then a not sure hour. You are welcome to pray any place you would like. For me getting away from the distractions of computer etc is better for me. Again I am asking for the promise of a covered time not a covered place

When we begin I would like to ask that everyone tries to take a minute at 12 am of both days (Beginning and End ... Alpha and Omega) to ask a blessing for and a thanks for this event. I really feel we need to pull together more strongly and support and uplift each other in Prayer and Praise.

At the end of this event if you feel so led you are more then welcome to share your experiences with all of us.

The format I started with last year went a bit like this:

Praising God for His unending mercy and love
Asking for His help and guidance
Praying for others.....whoever came to my mind this was HUGE
Praying for yourself
Thanking God for His Blessings

You can do several things. The following is an outline of what my church suggested on how to pray and what to prayer during our recent prayer vigils.

Pray hymns as you enter Gods presense.... Scripture 1 Thes 5:16-18 (verse 17 is the newsletters name)

Pray hymns of confession & forgiveness

Pray hymns of supplication & petition

Pray scripture..... Psalms 23,24,,25,26,27,65,66,67,95,100, 119 verses 1-8, 106-112, & 169-176, and also chapter 121

Pray for your nations and the world
presidents, leaders, etc

Pray for those people in military service

Pray for your churches & the Christian Church as a whole
Pastors, ministers, boards, education...etc

Pray for people will are ill, recovering from sickness, or heart break... etc

Pray for family and friends
shut-ins , missionaries,teachers, neighbors, travelers, friends yourself ....etc

Don't forget to pray for the unchurched.

Pray hymns of thanksgiving

The Lord's Prayer

Now I know that there is no way I can touch on each of these areas in less then 60 minutes because I know there are many other things that I may forget. Also sometimes prayer is just letting God speak to your heart and soul. Again I am asking for volunteers and support. Ask any of us who participated last year, we were truly BLESSED. If 15 minutes is all you have then please let me know so I can get everyone signed up as there will be times needing to be covered. If you want to be assigned a time that is not covered that works too but I need to know so we can see what we can accomplish. With God all things are possible and I know this is something we can do because it is to HIS GLORY

Please respond here, IM me through yahoo, PM me here in forums, or email me with any questions and or commitments.

Blessings,"Angel"

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll take 12:00 to 12:30 AM (in the morning). =)

I'll keep a record of times in this post from here on out.

12:00 - 12:30a - SirThom
12:30 - 1:30a - Atown
1:30 - 3:00a - wowAdbi
3:00 - 4:00a - Sargus
4:00 - 5:00a - OPEN!
5:00 - 6:00a - Areli
6:00 - 7:00a - Gyllis
7:00 - 8:00a - Renkor
8:00 - 9:00a - Genesis1315
9:00 - 10:00a - Priceless3110
10:00 - 11:00a - Tek & Ember
11:00a - 12:00p - Dalani
12:00 - 1:00p - Obllio
1:00 - 2:00p - Elihu
2:00 - 3:00p - Boazz
3:00p - 4:00p - OPEN!
4:00 - 5:00p - Shunsui
5:00 - 7:00p - OPEN!
7:00 - 8:00p - Beloved
8:00 - 9:00p - Amandra
9:00 - 10:00p - Ruthee
10:00p - 12:00a - PastorWhirl

Scheduled hours: 20
Remaining: 4

Last edited:
My schedule is flexible and last year was such a blessing, I will sign up at the end as a fill-in. Hopefully all the times slots will be taken and I will have to double up with someone! :)

LOL Miss Marcy don't you want to pray all day like you did last year?????? I know how much I appreciated you "filling in" last year. Something like 5 or so hours that day. Blessings,"Angel"

WOW thank you Sir Thom. I always have to have my paper list going as well. Smiles Blessings,"Angel"

LITSAFALDA said:
I know how much I appreciated you "filling in" last year.
I considered it a honor and blessing. Thanks to you my prayer life has not been quite the same. May the LORD richly bless "the righteous because of Christ Jesus" who participate again this year.

Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. James 5:16

That Saturday is my GF's baby shower. Put me down for 12-1 and i'll kick it off with a prayer for are little girl to be born healthy, and that God continues to bless us so we can tie the knot early next year.

wowabdi has chosen to take the 1230 AM TO 130 AM SLOT sorry for any confussion the forms werent working properly and wow needed a bit more info to commit.

Last edited:
If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him? Matthew 7:11

And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint; Luke 18:1

In an attempt to bump, with the ulterior motive that if no one participates, I may have bitten off more than I can chew...

LITSAFALDA said:
wowabdi has chosen to take the 1230 AM TO 130 AM SLOT sorry for any confussion the forms werent working properly and wow needed a bit more info to commit.
Got it. Thanks. =)

Back