Scripture wallpaper

Tek7 (Legacy)

CGA & ToJ President
Okay, here's the basic idea: you take a Scripture, come up with relative digital art, then overlay the Scripture text over that art. Resize it (if necessary) to serve as a Windows wallpaper and then send the file (unzipped if JPG, zipped if in any other format) to tek7 AT cgalliance DOT org so I can post it to the CGA web site.

Here's a starting verse for the project:

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Joshua 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

It'd be awesome to see members with Scripture on their desktop! I know we have some very talented graphic artists among our members *cough*Rizz*cough*, so I'm looking forward to what you all put together.

Wee~!

man the guys at creationindigital kick my butt at this kinda thing.. they can do teh 3d stuff which i suck at..but i might get something done tomorrow night as my typical new year is spent alone (by choice)..

would like to see some other ppl on the project too.. if anyone can create some funky base images that would help me a load.

Hrm...*scratches chin sagely* This would be an excellent opportunity to work with the guys (and girls) over at CreationInDigital. I'll PM BlazeQ with the URL of this thread and ask him to come and check it out.
biggrin.gif

Better watch out.  Fabier's from that "other" Christian gaming clan...
wink.gif
lol. Just funning... We're all brothers here
smile.gif

I'm working on the new CiD version to finish it out right now (preview it here: http://www.creationindigital.com/vision/) so I won't be making digital art for a little while.  There is however the collection of art we have in the showcase: http://www.creationindigital.com/vision/index.php?showforum=21

Several of them contain scriptures and most of them have a Christian theme to them.  That's the initial cream of the crop up there.  There are also the galleries for submission: http://www.creationindigital.com/vision/index.php?showforum=8

If you think that a Zip file full of scripture images would be good we can do that. But I think it may be more enjoyable for users to browse images and pick the ones they want.

God bless
smile.gif

BlazeQ

mm clouds.. i might use that for the image base.. at the weekend...

so very tired.. why must i wake so early for work..

I made this one

Verse pic (450k)

The dove is a space filler so im not really happy with it... if you can think of anything i can do there tell me..lol. either way its not bad for a first attempt imo.

Oo, very nice.
smile.gif
Only two suggestions:

1. Browse through your available fonts and see if there's one more suited to reading long passages. That one was a bit rough on my eyes. ;_;

2. Blur the text on the Bible overlay image. There's something odd about quoting Joshua 1:8 when the Bible pictured is open to Psalm 119. ^_^;;

nice job stormy. i have a plugin called ghost that would really spice that sword up (its the one i used on the hand/bible on my pic above) if you want i can upload it somewhere.

Back