Scorpion o.0

Well lucky me; I was playing Hide and Go Seek with my nieces and nephew and I hid behind a piece of furnitue... After a rather short time, my niece found me, and as I began to get up from my spot, I felt a pinching sort of feeling on my left knee, and was rather surprised when I looked down and discovered a small yellow scorpion crawling away from my hiding spot. I immediately freaked out (being arachnophobic and having never been touched by a scorpion) and proceeded to swat at it violently with my shoe... Although I failed to kill it... In any case, I smeared Neosporin over the moderately swelled sting site and took 2 Benadryl pills to stop the swelling.

"The stings of North American scorpions are rarely serious and usually result in pain, minimal swelling, tenderness, and warmth at the sting site."

This seems to be what's going on :p

I feel fine, but my whole family is freaking out about it o.o

"Does it hurt like i've heard it does?!"
Uh... No it felt like being pinched or being poked with a sewing needle or something...

:p

I've always been paranoid about scorpions but i realized they're not that bad... (I still don't want them near me, though!)

Back