Satan must be busy

aka Ash

Why does everyone blame everything bad on The Devil? Does the Devil have his hand in every bad thing that goes on world wide? Why can't it just be bad things happen because they do? Ultimately, Bad things happen because of Adam and Eve. They are the ones that got thrown out of The Garden of Eden. But the great thing is, by focusing on Jesus we can be reunited with God.

Why can't we say when we get a flat tire, "Stuff happens. Thank you God for making sure I have a car that can get a flat tire".
No...instead too many people say..."That Devil...he's out to get me, He gave me a flat." and they focus on the Devil, not God.
(very easy example, but you get the point...I hope)

Stop blaming the Devil and begin thanking God.

The Devil wants your attention, Positive or Negative, he doesn't care. The more you focus on the Devil, The less you focus on God.

Just say I live with a person that tells me to rake up leaves and sticks and I throw a tantrum about having to rake up leaves and sticks then Satan or
Demons would think "ooh he's getting angry I'll think I try to get to
him by causing that person he lives with to make him do raking of
leaves and sticks."

Might be true that sometimes the devil is'nt the cause of some problems but if Christians throw a tantrum about some problems the devil would see that.

Why does everyone blame everything bad on The Devil? Does the Devil have his hand in every bad thing that goes on world wide? Why can't it just be bad things happen because they do? Ultimately, Bad things happen because of Adam and Eve. They are the ones that got thrown out of The Garden of Eden. But the great thing is, by focusing on Jesus we can be reunited with God.

Why can't we say when we get a flat tire, "Stuff happens. Thank you God for making sure I have a car that can get a flat tire".
No...instead too many people say..."That Devil...he's out to get me, He gave me a flat." and they focus on the Devil, not God.
(very easy example, but you get the point...I hope)

Stop blaming the Devil and begin thanking God.

The Devil wants your attention, Positive or Negative, he doesn't care. The more you focus on the Devil, The less you focus on God.

Who are you the devils advocate? Why would you defend the devil? The reason I say this is just take a step back and look at what you wrote here.:mad:

My eyes are fixed on Jesus and for us not to keep watch for the devil is unwise Eph.4:27 says "and do not give the devil a foothold.

We are to resist the devil [James 4:7].

1 Peter 5:8 "Be sober, be WATCHFUL. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour", it goes on in verse 9 and says to resist him.

This has nothing to do with blame or by saying "the devil made me do it".

A man murders his entire family and confesses that the devil made him do it.
Well if not the devil then who?, one of the devils demonic buddys.
Essentually it was the Devil.

I don't blame the devil for everthing because I am not perfect and I screw up every so often.

However I do believe that most bad things come as a result of his influence into our minds, hence that is why we are told to resist him.

[Rev.20:10]

Last edited:
Folks, the truth, as in most cases, lies somewhere between the two extremes.

When we hide God's word in our heart, we are able to resist temptation. Jesus showed us how to do this in the desert. Each time Satan questions Him, He refutes Satan with Scripture. This is the clearest example of how Satan works in our lives-- he is a deceiver to those who do not know the truth.

Contrast this with Adam and Eve. The first three words recorded in Scripture from the serpent show us the way he attacks us: "Has God said...". He is there as a constant reminder that there are ways besides God's way, he tries to muddy the waters and bring us to confusion about the meaning of Scripture, and he continually questions God's authority and the validity of His Word. Ultimately, however, the choice to sin belongs to us.

So, we should be constantly wary of the devil tempting us, but sin is a choice. To downplay Satan's role is to allow him more access to your heart and mind, but to overstate it is to deny your own ability to overcome it with God's help, and to use it as a crutch to validate your own sin.

Who are you the devils advocate? Why would you defend the devil? The reason I say this is just take a step back and look at what you wrote here.:mad:

OK...somewhere I offended you. I'd would say I am sorry, but how can I be sorry for that which I know not. Did I ask something you didn't like? or was I rude?

I believe my message was many times as Christians we frump around blaming the Devil, every minute we spend blaming the Devil we do not spend loving God. Why sit there and curse the Devil for our flat tire, or our sickness, or the high electric bill? Will he stop throwing things at us? Will all the bad stuff go away if we do that? But if we thank God instead, how much happier will we be?

Maybe I didn't word things properly, I'm sorry. Do you understand now what I was trying to say? Or you can just attack me one more time :) That's really ok too.

I guess the best scripture I can use is the following

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 said:
16 Rejoice evermore. 17 Pray without ceasing. 18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK...somewhere I offended you. I'd would say I am sorry, but how can I be sorry for that which I know not. Did I ask something you didn't like? or was I rude?

I believe my message was many times as Christians we frump around blaming the Devil, every minute we spend blaming the Devil we do not spend loving God. Why sit there and curse the Devil for our flat tire, or our sickness, or the high electric bill? Will he stop throwing things at us? Will all the bad stuff go away if we do that? But if we thank God instead, how much happier will we be?

Maybe I didn't word things properly, I'm sorry. Do you understand now what I was trying to say? Or you can just attack me one more time :) That's really ok too.

I understand what you are saying here but it interesting that the voice of Satan comes in loud and clear and the still and quiet gentle voice of God is hard to hear.
Interesting we hear Satan in our mind and with God we hear Him in our heart.

WildBill is correct to say we have a choice to sin or not but if one is built up in God's word and his mind is renewed then I would say that person would recognize Satan's voice and then delete it.

However you are talking about those who blame Satan for bad things that happen. Last time I checked it takes two to tango. The War is won but the battle rages on in the minds of all mankind, Christian and non-Christian.

I know what you are saying and it would be this essentually found 1 Thessalonians 5:18 "give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."

In other words "In everything give thanks.":)

I think WildBill has it pretty well nailed down... while the Devil doesn't "make us do it", at times, he does have a pretty heavy hand, using smoke & mirrors, to make it seem like our actions are okay... when they can lead us down the wrong path in life.

As for when you get a flat on your car.... I don't think that Satan did it... I do believe that some things like this are just due to circumstance.

However, our response to a flat tire is what really should show. Did God forsake you? Did the devil assault you? No, nor should we assume that either of the above possibilities every time something bad happens. But you can show a godly response by adapting, overcoming, and growing from your experience.... using it to help others. (next time you see someone on the roadside, maybe you'll stop and help change their tire?)

There are an infinite number of choices in life - just remember to make the choices that could put you in a position to glorifying God!

Are you saying, in a nutshell, stop glorifing satan and giving him the attention whenever something does not work out the way you'd like or in your favor?

Plz note all things are of God as Paul wrote with no buttering it up! Its what we do when its put before us.Romans 11:36 and 1 Cor 11:12 for just a few. If we despair then whom is triumphant! We learn and except Gods will! Let me quote Romans 11:36 All things come from him.All things are directed by him. All things are for his good. May God be given the glory forever! Amen. Funny I know, but we should be thankful. Ash is right the devil will slip in to change our focus on any and all lessons to sway our feelings for he wants company and for those that don't know what we know will see things satan's way.

hmmm, I may be having a DV moment, but it seems like you are point fingers at God and the Devil. But self has a big role in the whole equation too. Yes, can be influence by the enemy, but keep in mind that Satan is not onmipresent (unlike God). He can't be everywhere, all of the time.

Gen

hmmm, I may be having a DV moment, but it seems like you are point fingers at God and the Devil. But self has a big role in the whole equation too. Yes, can be influence by the enemy, but keep in mind that Satan is not onmipresent (unlike God). He can't be everywhere, all of the time.

Gen

Thats right Satan is not omnipresent but remember he took one third of the angels with him and so he has plenty of help here on this earth to bother peoples minds.

Hehehehe not a d.v moment just asking a great question on the truth.

Along with what Paul wrote is four other exact messages where it is stated the same. Lets not pretend we know God's will for all is His creation including angels of high and of low.

Now strange as that may be,this may be even stranger is God created sin since He created Satan. Now not to get to deep on this for I have not studied on that part much but it is a fact that all things good and bad are by God. To me He is showing us as we would our own children, the difference by example and allowing us to make our choices and giving disipline and or blessing as rewards or punishments.

Deep subject to go so far on this when it boils down the focus factor. So to avoid the shaking fists at the devil we are to endure and except God's will and continue to praise, worship and spread the word.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gen

Hey, I resemble that remark! :D

Unfortunately, that isn't quite what I was going to say.

I was going to ask cc.slim if EVERYTHING was from God, does that mean that evil is from God as well?

Satan is not a God anywhere just a bad angel who thought he should be a God. He is a ruler of this world. His limits is known thru Job on afflictions but no taking of life. Also with the temptations put to Jesus>Both are a excellent example of Focus!

Satan is not a God anywhere just a bad angel who thought he should be a God. He is a ruler of this world. His limits is known thru Job on afflictions but no taking of life. Also with the temptations put to Jesus>Both are a excellent example of Focus!

Then please explain who the "god of this age" of 2 Cor 4:4 is.

2 Corinthians 4:4
New International Version (NIV)

4The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Back