Same Sex Romance Options in TOR?

This is a pretty cool discussion guys. Pretty mature and tolerant of others' interpretations for the most part, which is awesome.

I decided to join a Christian guild for SWToR. After reading much of this thread, I'm glad I did.

*thread-lurk activate*

[toj.cc]phantom;433342 said:
But killing, stealing, lying...but thats all okay?

I know that God sees all sin as equal, but here on Earth we certainly don't. I think its funny how people give more attention to in-game, make-believe sexual orientations (which are essentially harmless) than they do to in-game, make-believe killing or other sins that happen.

There is a difference between Bioware adding same sex options and being able to play an "evil" character. Clearly Bioware is pro-homosexuality and hopes for it's normalization and acceptance in real life.

Gerbil, it's also possible that they are neutral regarding this topic and don't want to appear to be supporting either sexual orientation. You weren't in the boardroom so you can't really state what you said with any certainty.

Bioware did state that the players could have relationships with our companions so that the players would have a greater sense of being a part of the game - I think this is all this is, letting everybody feel like they belong in the game.

Last edited:
This was a heavily discussed topic over at Saints of the Old Republic awhile back, and I remember someone making a comment "we should not be lukewarm..."

Something about the topic of same sex relationships in Star Wars and the term "Luke warm" cracked me up.

Wow, looking over some of the replies in this sad topic just about hurt my heart. Gerbil says he isnt getting on you guys, well I am different. You better take a good look at world out your window, choose a side and get ready to defend it. Lukewarm will not take you where you think it will.

Get real
Get right
and
Get moving

Back