Roll call!

James

Who still plays? Who still uses a ToJ tag and what names do you play under? I'm beginning to feel quite lonely all alone.

I play. Quite a lot, actually. I don't wear a TOJ tag (neither do you, strictly speaking). There are not enough TOJ playing this game to warrant me trying to find a space to fit the overlong tag into my already crowded name.

95% of the time I wear the ::LOB:: tag and my name is LANDSLiDE, or some variant thereof. For instance, LAMBSLiDE, LANCELiDE, LAMPSLiDE, LEETSLiDE, NOOBSLiDE, etc. Or sometimes kraniac. And sometimes it's landslide (all lower case).

The other 5% of the time, especially when I play FFA-DM servers, I usually alias as various things. Common ones include: Rocket_Lawnchair, +/)aedalus+, 3viL_4ciD, fi$ht!x, etc.

There are two ways that give you an almost certain chance of finding me when I'm online. When I'm playing, I almost always idle in the LOB teamspeak. The address is clanlob.com, and the password is "lob".

And without fail, I am always on Xfire. My username is "kraniac".

@ Kraniac
Well, I think the .cc is pretty much a waste of space; because if people are truly curious, they ask me if toj has a website and I tell them it outright.
I do agree that this chapter needs more players, absolutely.

I LOL'ed at "Rocket Lawnchair", great name. :D

@ ColdSteel
When do you usually play? I have *toj.cc* in my buddies and I never see anyone on. I usually play at sporadic times throughout the day so I expected to see some people on at some point, but I never do anymore.

@ ColdSteel
When do you usually play? I have *toj.cc* in my buddies and I never see anyone on. I usually play at sporadic times throughout the day so I expected to see some people on at some point, but I never do anymore.[/QUOTE]

I'm on in the morning here lately. When I work evening shift. I work a rotating shift- Eve for one cycle and Day for the next rotation. So I too am on at different hours. Also i've been playing different games. COD played really well last night on dial up it really surprised me. That was the first time I tried it. I saw Coercion playing Q3 the other day and tried to join but had some kind of version mismatch. I've been mostly playing offline on my computer which has no lag.

When I play UT and I see you online I see that your ping is so low and I know when I join in a game with dial up it really messes up the server. I always hear "What happened is anyone else lagging" I just smile and keep shooting. Kraniac has put a new script in his server and it seems to to really well for me online. Then there is a map issue. If I don't have it it's 15 minute download and then the game is over and another map download cancelled and another one started. When ToJ had it's own server the maps were all the same so hopefully we can all get together and get some type of funding to get it up and running again.
I don't like to play DM to much because of the ping issue on dial up. I notice that you and Kraniac play 99.9% DM and that game style really makes me upset because of the ping issue because I just know I shot him first. :)

With ons or ctf it's a little different ping is important but you don't have a one on one issue. So I can do other things to help out my team. In DM I die so my team loses points. Or I'm on bottom always. I don't mind losing to my fellow toj'rs but it does cause the server problems even though I've got the best dial up pings around. Also using Kentucky windage helps. :) Kraniac brought that to my attention the other day using his new server settings. "Shoot at the target" lol

I have xfire up and running when I'm available to play online. And I check it often to see if anyone of my buds are online playing. I hope to be playing more now that Christmas is done and all my children have gone back home.
Man this got long and mixed up. cya, CS

CS, that server script I use is enabled on most UTComp servers now (fractionary, purgatory, etc.). It's called Enhanced Netcode and it will adjust your shots to what it would be like if you were playing on a LAN (that is, zero ping), as long as your ping does not exceed 250 milliseconds, which it shouldn't unless you play a server on the opposite side of the country. So your issue with DM should be slightly resolved now, as long as you stick to servers with UTComp running.

James, add *::LOB* to your buddies. Don't include the last two colons because some of our members use two ending colons and some of them use one. You'll find me. :)

Shagz still here, but I've been off playing Guild Wars, some console games, and lately life has been tough beans so I haven't wanted to play much. Still using "toj.cc", and I'm on:

xfire: Shagz
MSN: djshagzbroadcast AT HERE hot%mail DUT come (remove the percent, fill in the rest)

I know Tek is still around as well, and Kidan 'n Michael PI have shown up for the "Pubs" in the past. Pretty much the "regulars" :)

As for getting more players, we did do some recruitment posting not too long ago but didn't see much gain from it unfortunately.

I know that having our own UT server went a long way to attracting other players - I believe that's where the majority of new recruits came from in the past - and I know that everybody would like to see that happen again. But ToJ members, in general, just aren't contributing enough to get a game server back online. We have a staff meeting tomorrow, I'll find out where we are, but last I checked we were less than half way. We have the new print cartridge fundraising campaign going so hopefully that will lead to a boost.

I'm actually in the process of coming up with some goals for the chapter in the new year. I'll post about that in a couple of days and will ask for everybody's input (or feel free to express your ideas/concerns now via PM)

Last edited:
Shagz said:
I know Tek is still around as well[...]
Yessir, I am! I admit that World of Warcraft and GunZ diverted my attention for a season, but I still love my Onslaught (PANCAKE!) and can stomach a slice of humble pie (a.k.a. playing deathmatch) now and then.

There are some terrific mods out there for UT2004 now, but I've noticed that our regulars tend to stick to ONS and DM. I'm up for trying out a few mods, especially the latest version of Alien Swarm.

Good to see some are still around, although I still never see anyone in-game (except Landslide::LOB :p)

ColdSteel and I had a fun time playing Jailbreak on Thanksgiving Day; I wouldn't mind doing that again at all, but we need to set a time when we all will be on.

As for the server, I'm willing to help, I just need to get my bank straightened-up a bit from my Christmas shopping first.

James said:
Good to see some are still around, although I still never see anyone in-game (except Landslide::LOB :p)

ColdSteel and I had a fun time playing Jailbreak on Thanksgiving Day; I wouldn't mind doing that again at all, but we need to set a time when we all will be on.

As for the server, I'm willing to help, I just need to get my bank straightened-up a bit from my Christmas shopping first.

I'm geared up for some jailbreak. lets bust-em loose. :)

Well, I will be on. Just add me to your buddies (name in signature) and meet me online if you want to play. :)

Back