Reviving ToJ: DAoC?

Tek7 (Legacy)

CGA & ToJ President
Greetings, all.

I have recently updated the Tribe of Judah Staff Listing to remove inactive staff members and eliminate "dead" chapters. It seems that most former members of ToJ's Dark Age of Camelot chapter have migrated to our World of Warcraft chapter. While I am encouraged to see members staying within ToJ while moving to a different MMORPG, I am also left with a dilemma: Do I close the Dark Age of Camelot chapter or try to revive it?

Though years have passed since I played Dark Age of Camelot and helped found the Knights of the Trinity, I still feel a personal responsibility to ToJ's DAoC chapter along with my responsibility as leader of ToJ. If DAoC still retains a large enough user base to make recruiting Christian members to help revive ToJ: DAoC and Knights of the Trinity, then I will need someone to spearhead the recruiting effort. If WoW and other MMORPGs have drained the DAoC user base to a point where recruiting new chapter members would be futile, then I still would like to appoint a "skeleton crew" to this chapter for those remaining.

First and foremost, I need a sort of status report: Is anyone still playing DAoC? If there are ToJ members still playing DAoC, are any willing to take staff positions? Is recruiting new members to help revive the chapter feasible and reasonable?

I appreciate any opinions on this topic.

One of the largest problems with the Knights of the Trinity is that most of the members just want to be members and nothing more. Those who were interested in leading the chapter have moved over to World of Warcraft. Now the guild is still alive with 8 active members (though that probably means 8 separate accounts, and there's no telling who has multiple accounts.) But its more of a gathering of Christians than an actual organized guild it seems.

Due to British events, I no longer have Dark Ages of Camelot either on the computer or on CD. Nor do I have a current bank account to re-purchase the game or re-open the account. So I can do nothing more than try to encourage from the sidelines.

So that means the task of keeping this chapter going is up to the active members. Do any of you guys check these forums anymore? Are you still interested in keeping the Trinity alive? Speak now and step up, or this chapter will be lost.

Hello, I have been considering comming back to DAoC, if I do I would be willing to take on whatever responsibilties I need to in order to either keep the chapter open as a "skeleton crew" or even to try to revive it. It will probably be at least a few weeks before things settle down enough for me to get back on though.

One of the most awesome things about Dark Ages of Camelot is the fact that you can openly be a Christian without getting flak. If you are truly intending on returning, and nobody else seems interested in administration, then you will be 'church planting' in the game. You'll be the main force behind building a great group of Christians, maybe converting characters, maybe witnessing or preaching or in-realm missionary work. This doesn't mean you won't be gaming. Have fun! Explore! Battle the enemy! And just by doing so, you're light will be shining. But also witness if you feel led, tell about the guild. See if you can't encourage someone to do in-game sermons or events or even just fun fellowship gatherings.

Pray on it my friend, and I will too. And we'll see where the Lord leads.

Anyone else still active in game who is interested in helping revive the Trinity?

Malohaut said:
One of the most awesome things about Dark Ages of Camelot is the fact that you can openly be a Christian without getting flak. If you are truly intending on returning, and nobody else seems interested in administration, then you will be 'church planting' in the game. You'll be the main force behind building a great group of Christians, maybe converting characters, maybe witnessing or preaching or in-realm missionary work. This doesn't mean you won't be gaming. Have fun! Explore! Battle the enemy! And just by doing so, you're light will be shining. But also witness if you feel led, tell about the guild. See if you can't encourage someone to do in-game sermons or events or even just fun fellowship gatherings.

Pray on it my friend, and I will too. And we'll see where the Lord leads.

Anyone else still active in game who is interested in helping revive the Trinity?

The thing that lead me to KOT was that they had sermons in Camelot. Everyone knew this and like to just watch and even had straglers to see "what this was all about" I feel lead to say bring back the sermons and you will find those who will find you.

It was the Word that brought me, it will bring others. Let us know how your doing? We loved to hear and encourage you all!

In Christ

You know what got me started on the sermons? Malohaut was an ice wizard at the time, and this was before they did the wizard enhancements. But I was pretty effective soloing, and I didn't really have to kite much to do so. One day, I was exploring Camelot when I came across one of the classrooms in the Defenders of Albion I believe. I thought, "Hey! Wouldn't it be neat to hold classes about how to be a wizard?" But as I was thinking that, my thoughts took a lateral move. "Well hey! If I'm going to teach something, why not teach the word of God at the Abbey?" It was my intent to go there weekly and get up front and preach like a preacher. I was going to do this whether people came or not, because I thought it was so cool to be up front and preach the word of God. I never realized how much of a success it was and within weeks, the crowds were growing! Because of weddings and other guilds' events in the Abbey, I moved the services to Camelot. Not only did nobody hold meetings there and it was always free, but it gave me a chance to share the word of God for anyone passing by. I enjoyed that and we had great attendance.

I only regret me doubting myself and giving up so many times. The key is persistance! But what's also important is focus. If you're doing things just to satisfy the people, then you're not going to do so well. But if you're doing things because your heart compels you to, and because you want to do it for God, then go for it and watch as God blesses you!

But anyhoo, that's how the Trinity sermons came about.

I have thought about doing sermons, again. In fact, when I was thinking about leaving, I wanted to do one last sermon and invite anyone and everyone who could come (i.e. those who still had an account, but weren't playing anymore). The problem was that I never had the time, and hardly anyone still had their accounts.

I'm still willing to look at doing sermons, and even other ministries (in fact I still have 5 plat that someone donated to the church a couple of years ago). I never thought about doing sermons just for the fun of it (even with no one around). The problem, lately, is that everyone's moved out of Camelot, now that they have all they need at their house. But, now that people are running right by the church in Camelot because of Catacombs, it might be interesting to see who can hear. Maybe even do the services on the steps of the church.

I took the service to Ft. Sauvage one time. That was an interesting endeavour. I had several people show up to services, then walk off after opening prayer. So I went to Sauvage and preached there. Definitely lots of people there :) . Some people argued back, others praised me for doing it. Even some who didn't agree with what I was saying agreed that it was part of my character, so I can do it. However, doing it again may cause someone to complain to Mythic. I don't know if they would do anything about it, though. And if they did, I'm not sure I really personally care. They will probably just give a warning, and the worst they can do is kick you out of the game (which I rarely play and spend too much money on, anyway). But, I don't want to put a bad name on KoT. Some might think badly about KoT, but I'm not sure. Others might respect it.

As for keeping a crew or staff. I think, for now, that a skeleton crew would be best. I have been posting about ressurecting the guild, but I haven't had time and don't know if I ever will. But, I am willing to help, when I can. If someone else has the time to develop ideas, maybe I can make time to implement them. Just let me know.

Excellent! It seems we have some interest in breathing a bit of life into ToJ: DAoC. This, of course, presents the next question: Where do we go from here?

If we are to recruit new players to join ToJ and its DAoC chapter, we must be ready to invite them to join the Knights of the Trinity. This presents a few new questions:

- Who in the guild has the rights to invite new members?
- Do any of the guild members with these rights still have a DAoC account?
- If no current members have rights to invite new members, how do we go about inviting new members?

If any of the former chapter leaders can answer these questions, it would go a long way in moving us forward.

Its kind of why I made this post. We'll see if we can't get enough interest to get things started. I've asked for the people who are interested to pray on it. If they are, to step up and let us know here in the forums, and then we'll get our game plan going. But if nobody really wants to step up to the plate, then there probably won't be enough people or effort to keep it alive. So we'll see how it goes.

I'm new to ToJ and I haven't played DAoC for several months but I'd be glad to fire it up again and do what I can. I've always wanted to roleplay a cleric, friar or paladin as a holy man and the idea of doing sermons in Camelot sounds amazing. I'd be willing to start up again for that reason alone.

I may not be able to play every day as I want to do some Neverwinter Nights play as well but I'd be glad to help in any way I'm able.

Friars are a great soloing class, as i have one and i know hehe. NWN is a cool game too.

I was talking with DaWife, and she mentioned some interest in reviving the old chars. If she does I will go back to DAOC. I miss the churches (FOR GOD) Friars and Paladins whose backing is the Lord Jesus Christ.

I miss the sermons and the camaraderie of Christians who could pronounce their faith in game with out the context of the EULA. Do not get me wrong. I love the game engine of WOW, but the churches the Camelot, the paladins who are renowned for being knights of the Living god of the same Bible I read agrees with me in my spirit!

So look for it. I will write a story of homecoming when we come back. I and Dawife have the ability to Add members and promote to rank 2-3.

God bless.

Avengar, MontrezAnthony, Gyllis, and Seraphim: I sent you all an e-mail about reviving the DAoC chapter. Please check your mail and reply when you have the opportunity.

I'm going to reinstall the client and get it started updating after I post this but it will probably be Thursday before I can reactivate my account. I assume (based on your sig) that we are on Percival? If so, that's great because I have some Alb characters on Percival. They are all low but with some guildies to group with, I should be able to lvl them on up pretty quickly. I'm really starting to get excited. First time a game has done this for me in a long time. :)

My grandpa has the game I might start playing it but I don't know. I'll tell you guys next time I go to visit him.

Hrm, multiple accounts? Who, me??? never!

I have 5 accounts, just so ya know that 5 of those 8 may just be me.

Also, two relatives of a member have joined the guild as well. Galilean's nephews (I believe).

lol myth is half the guild. i am curious to know how many people regularly get on before i consider reactivating.

Back