Ret Pally Spec for Leveling...

XionTawa

Does anyone have any good advice on speccing for leveling, I am level 23, probably 24 for by time I look at this again, but I just wanna know the best speccing for leveling from here on out, like what talents where and all that...my current talents are listed on my armory profile, (the link [Noix] in my signature)...

...and, is there a better spec for faster leveling than Ret?

My only problem with that is respeccing, I have already respecced once...and I am not rich with gold...lol...

In your 20s, you should have verigan's fist and SoC since it takes 11 points in ret to get. In your mid 30s, start looking for a good sword and board combo. SM has a nice shield that drops from the Cathederal boss. At that point I would look at respeccing. Ret is still great for leveling up until your 40s where the damage levels out.

I got a 31 pally on Trollbane, he is all Retrib. I use a two handed weapon and so far, so good. I don't think I will look at respec until 40 when I get plate, then to Proc until 70 when I will decide to go with the flow or dare to be different. :D His link is below, I want to move him but that will mean three toons to focus on and I will get distracted again...

anyway here is his link...

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Trollbane&n=Iudex

Yes command. The abbreviation for Seal of the Crusader is SotC in most pally forums.

What, SotC is awesome? 40% increase in weapon speed. I have 1.4 second attack speed sword which makes it less then 1 second attack with SotC. Once you are high enough in protection to get reckoning, that is 8 attacks in 4 seconds. Combined with a judged wisdom or light and that is a quick way to burst health/mana regen for that AOE grinding you want to do. Plus judged it is a great way to burst damage and increase holy threat. SotC is awesome. Learn to use it.

... then to Proc until 70 when I will decide to go with the flow or dare to be different. :D ...

What is the flow and what is different? Pally tanks are pretty popular now and so are healers, and Ret is getting some buffs in 2.3:)

yeah its area effect spells, especially once you get holy shield in the prot tree, using that and consecration and ret aura you can pretty much kill about 4 mobs at once with the same amount of time and mana as it takes to kill 1 heh, trick is you gotta be able to get 4 mobs in the same area:p Group with a mage or healer and it is even better

So, I am now level 25, and while I was grinding to 25, I decided to bust out the sword and shield while using SotC. I enjoyed it alot, and dealt some decent damage. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on if I should spec to Protection...however, I have already respeced once before, from Ret to Ret...lol...

Back